[Onlyoffice] Error while downloading the document file to be converted

I get exactly the same php error! :frowning:

[PHP] Error: implode(): Invalid arguments passed at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/onlyoffice/templates/settings.php#66
GET /settings/admin/onlyoffice

[PHP] Error: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/onlyoffice/templates/settings.php#64
GET /settings/admin/onlyoffice

@ Schmu did you get an answer? Is there a fix?

Thanks

Hi @LukeVader,

We had an exchange of messages, but the last one is from 11 days ago, unfortunately. So far we didn’t make any progress. I don’t know how to debug this issue any further, nor do I have a solution yet.

It was said that my installation is probably broken, but I installed Onlyoffice from Arch Linux user repository
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/onlyoffice-documentserver/

And it seems to work for other people.

If you have the same problem, maybe you can provide your log files (mine are empty or not existent). The following information was requested:

• all log files you can find regarding onlyoffice
  • can Nextcloud and Document Server access each other? Please try:
    • wget https://nextcloud_address
    • wget https://documentserver_address

Hi @Schmu,

I had the same problem as you. I’ve updated my OnlyOffice container some days ago and I’ve been facing the same error message.

For me the problem came from the token feature. I’ve set up a token to prevent other people to use my OnlyOffice but since the local.json file was not located in a docker volume, the update of the docker erased the all content.

Hope that it can help.

Hi @LeVerbeux,

Thanks for that hint. I will check that. Need to setup the docker env then again. I tried a native Onlyoffice server (no docker) meanwhile, which had the same issue.

Dear All… I am having the same issues… I can get my site running but nothing else… Can edit documents or create them… Any suggestions…

I do have it under trust sites…

I did also add "‘onlyoffice’ => array (
‘verify_peer_off’ => true
)

But I am still getting this error when going under nextcloud -> [onlyoffice] Error: GetConvertedUri on check error: Error occurred in the document service: Error while downloading the document file to be converted.

PUT /apps/onlyoffice/ajax/settings/address

In additional to these.
https://help.nextcloud.com/t/onlyoffice-error-while-downloading-the-document-file-to-be-converted/45195/17?u=acecombat2

Don’t forget to overwrite the cli < tested it works. on Nextcloud version 16.x.x

The following is an example:

'trusted_domains' => 
      array (
        0 => '192.168.0.8:80',  #for local access
        1 => 'myddns.domain.org', #access externally
        2 => 'myddns.second.domain.org', #access externally second domain if you have one.
      ),

If nextcloud are behind reverse proxy webserver,

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://myddns.domain.org:port', #it forcefully nc to use this as base link
      'overwritehost' => 'myddns.domain.org:port', #it forcefully nc to use this as base link
      'overwriteprotocol' => 'https', # force to use SSL because of reverse proxy by let's encrypt

Using Docker Images Nextcloud, OnlyOffice and Caddy Webserver.

1 Like

Still does not work for me! :frowning:

Hello, I have the same problem, and I found out that my document server (docker) doesn’t have access to Nextcloud: if I launch wget myoffice.mysite.com from docker (docker exec -it ID_CONTAINER /bin/bash), I don’t get anything (the connexion is impossible). But in fact, I can’t access any site. If I do wget 77.95.65.121 (a google IP), I can’t access it either.

For information, the document server is accessible from Nextcloud and all healtcheck are OK.
I’m using a proxy on Apache and a certificate from Let’s encrypt.

Any idea? (notably @alexanderonlyoffice ?)

I had the same problem. I fixed it by changeing the host of my nextcloud domain.

Look into the interaction betwenn onlyoffice componnents. I had the same issue and solved it by noticing that the docservice could not connect to rabbitmq. So I set the password for rabbitmq one again and it was working. Look closely in your /var/log/rabbitmq files
Hope it helps

Fellows, Onlyoffice DocumentServer 5.5.1 seems to be broken. I have downgraded to Onlyoffice Document Server 5.5.0 using GitHub deb file and my Nextcloud instance is connecting back to the Document Server without issues.
Here is the link I used to download deb file. I followed all pre-requisites installation instructions including postgresql from the Onlyoffice forum.

I had the same issue, since my Nextcloud and my OnlyOffice share the same server and they are behind reverse proxies, I just add ‘trusted_proxies’ into my config.php file
Hope this can help.

this problem was my headache for a day, until out of options I disabled Cloudfrare proxy, then it finally worked.
hope this help anyone still on this. I will check back later to see if there is any way to solve it while still using cloudflare proxy, but I dont have any expectations

We had the same issue at my company, and the problem was that the secret text field placeholder was not really a placeholder, but really a text with the same text than the placeholder.

Since we had no secret, it generated the error. Removing the text fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Hi,
I hope I can still help. I’ve found out that the discord app and the onlyoffice-documentserver are not configured properly out of the box. The solution is this

Solution for docker

1. In docker-compose.yml change the line - JWT_HEADER=Authorization to - JWT_HEADER=AuthorizationJwt
  2. In Nextcloud’s config.php add this:
  'onlyoffice' =>
    array (
      "jwt_secret" => "yourSecret",
      "jwt_header" => "AuthorizationJwt"
  )
  1. Then just go to Onlyoffice settings in Nextcloud, set the Onlyoffice server’s addres, put in your secret and save

Solution for normal install

1. In /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/local.json change all "header": "Authorization", lines to "header": "AuthorizationJwt",
  2. In Nextcloud’s config.php add this:
  'onlyoffice' =>
    array (
      "jwt_secret" => "yourSecret",
      "jwt_header" => "AuthorizationJwt"
  )
  1. Then just go to Onlyoffice settings in Nextcloud, set the Onlyoffice server’s addres, put in your secret and save

I Kiss you! It was the secret text “placeholder” which was NOT a placeholder, but real text. NOW it works!

1000Thanks

1 Like

Strange, Onlyoffice document server and docker container, “Authorization” works well and no need of adding extra code to the Nextcloud config file.

Thank you… You made my day!

Thank you for the post. Actual I us “docker run” for onlyoffice because my first try to create onlyoffice docker-compose.yml doesn’t work like “docker run”. Can you send me you working docker-compose.yml please?
thx