Onlyoffice documents not saved in NextCloud

Je viens de lire ton message avec du retard ! Merci beaucoup pour tes conseils et ta gentillesse.
J’ignorais pour l’histoire de la connexion SSL et du certificat autosigné (c’est ce que j’ai car je suis sur NexcloudPi sans nom de domaine associé).
Je pense passer par OVH, ils ont des tarifs attractifs (le .ovh ou le .fr) et leur envergure fait qu’on a moins peur qu’ils disparaissent du jour au lendemain.
Je songe à me faire un serveur Yunohost avec nom de domaine pour profiter de Nextcloud, mais surtout pour y faciliter l’installation d’un meta-moteur de recherche auto-hébergé (Searx) et idéalement de mails auto-hébergés avec iredmail (mais là ça risque de me prendre du temps pour tout comprendre, avec les ports 25, etc.), mais au moins je pourrait peut-être connecter cette adresse mail avec Nextcloud.

@all : sorry for our discussion in french, this is not off-topic but it was easier for us to clarify some points in our native language. Thank you again for your understanding.

Resolved me

bonjour Nemskiller,
J’ai cru comprendre qu’on ne pouvait pas installer onlyoffice sur le meme serveur que Nextcloud.
sur cette machine J’ai un serveur Ubuntu + Nextcloud en ssl + nom domaine + ip fixe. Le port 443 + 80 deja occupés. Peut on installer ca sur le meme serveur en prenant un autre port?
Je n’ai plus que des postes sous windows ensuite
Sais tu comment je pourrais faire pour avoir un serveur only office fiable.

Salut, faudrait taguer pour quil voit ton poste. @Nemskiller

Mais en fait tu peux mettre onlyoffice sur la même machine. Il faudra créer un sous-domaine onlyoffice. OO écoutera sur le port 443 via ce sous-domaine (peu importe si un autre programme écoute déjà sur le port 443 tant que les domaines sont différents).

Pour une installation fiable tu peux installer limage docker du serveur onlyoffice ou la version native pour Linux.

En vrai, il y a sûrement moyen d’installer tout sur le même domaine mais ça demanderait de changer la configuration de onlyoffice et ce serait se compliquer la vie.

It’s off topic but you can look here :
Inside i explain how to run Onlyoffice on the samehost as nextcloud if you use nginx

I ran into this problem this past weekend on some critical documents.

Thankfully, I was able to recover (big “THANK YOU” to @dreistreifenliebe for identifying oc_documentserver_changes as the table where changes are stored prior to committing to file).

Just wanted to post the procedure I used to recover here in case someone else ran into this problem.

Recovery Procedure:

N.B.: This recovery procedure will only work if you take versioned backups of your database.

Hope this helps someone else,
TorqueWrench

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve had the issue with the arm64 server that is in the nextcloud apps. I’ve never used it as I didn’t get it working and setting a cron job to periodically flush the files seems as a bad solution to me.

Now I have a docker container that I made which is working without any issues so far and I’ve been using it for over 2 months. It’s a modified version of the official docker files, so everything should work the same way.

The only thing that I find annoying is the build time of the dockerimage. It takes a long time as quite a large number of files is moved around as a result of some patches I had to do. So make a coffee (tea), start the build and chill for a while while docker does it’s thing. It should build without problems and after a few minutes of starting up, you should have fully working OnlyOffice Documentserver docker container on arm64.

Hope I helped

Hello, unfortunately we realized that Onlyoffice allows editing of documents, BUT the documents are not saved correctly on Nextcloud and always show the first version loaded. This is a serious problem which in my opinion needs to be solved because onlyoffice becomes practically useless in this way.
We should find a way to force saving the file on the file system as well. I’ve done some research and this seems to be a problem that has been dragging on for years.
I also carried out any test using nextcloud versions 24 and 25 but always getting the exact same result.
In various posts I have seen someone suggesting to run the occ documentserver:flush command
This actually works, BUT you should have it run every time you save a file.
I’m currently working with nextcloud 23 (apparently the most stable) onlyoffice 7.4.8 and Community Document Server 0.1.13.
If anyone has any suggestions on this I would be very grateful.
Alessandro

Has this been solved yet? I’ve managed to get onlyoffice to work with nextcloud, but changes are never saved back to the server.