No new updates are available

v20 was released some time ago, but my server still says: “Nextcloud 19.0.5 Your version is up to date.”. I’m on Stable channel.
I still receive app updates, but not the next major version. How can I fix this?

You can force a update with changing to channel “beta” and after upgrade changing back to “stable”. You get not really a beta version.

If I do this, I get “A new version is available: Nextcloud 19.0.6 RC2”

Yes. You must first update to 19.0.6 RC2 and then to 20.x.x .

If I change the channel to stable using 19.0.6 RC2 it also says that this is the latest version
If I keep beta, It allows me to update only to 20.0.3 RC2. Now I changed it back to stable, hopefully it will allow me to update to 20.0.3 stable

Sorry. I only got in the minor version (e.g. 19) RC but never in the major version (e.g. 20).

Same for me on a Raspberry Pi installation. Other instances (on x86 arch) got the upgrade to version 20.x

v20 was released some time ago, but my server still says: “Nextcloud 19.0.5 Your version is up to date.”. I’m on Stable channel.
I still receive app updates, but not the next major version. How can I fix this?

there is nothing to “fix”. if you wanna have a stable version then wait until it get provided to you in stable channel. if you wanna risk switch to beta channel and do the updates until you are at the 20.0.3RC.

also see my comment here: Was Nextcloud 20 shipped to all users? - #6 by kinimodmeyer

All previous versions rolled out much faster for me, that’s why I’m asking

I got 18->19 upgrade next day after NC19 has been officially released as “stable”. This delay (more than 2 months since NC20 “stable” has been released on October 3rd!) is suspicious. It does not fit even into NC own release policy description (~20% of users per week after the first minor update, which happened on October the 24th).

I remember NC online-conference proudly announcing release of NC20, with many improvements and exciting new features. I have seen people smiling, shaking hands, patting shoulders, and now? Nothing. Silent treatment. Either NC20x is stable (then all users should get it), or beta. Nothing between. No Schrödinger’s cat…

Before I had a web hosting with SSH access I also never saw an update with the updater in the settings. I only knew it from the nextcloud newsletter or from their website. And so I always updated manually over FTP. Was a bit of frustration every time, but it worked for me. With a fresh install on a web hosting with SSH access it I receive update notifications. But I think it also works much better now, because more command line programms are allowed from the hoster.

I got the NC20 update notification a few days ago on my Raspberry Pi… installing it right now.

nextcloud-update

1 Like

Hello,

I am currently using Nextcloud version 21.0.4.1.

So far I have never encountered a problem updating Nextcloud through the web interface.

But now, I can no longer see the updates available from the web interface.

Stable

I tried to switch the update channel to Beta but the result is still the same : Your version is up to date.

Beta

Do I have to update manually or is there a solution to work around this problem?

At home I only have ADSL and not fiber, it takes a long time to upload all the files.

Thank you in advance,
C.

Hello,
I solved my problem with the solution offered by 🥷 @MatthieuPatout here: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired - #4 par MatthieuPatout - Owncloud | Nextcloud - Les forums d'Ouvaton
Thank you to everyone, :metal::grin:,
C.