NextCloudPi image for the Odroid XU4 and HC1

Hi @nachoparker ,

Just some feedback on the Odroid images. Iā€™ve been using the HC1 now for about 3 weeks and Iā€™m quite impressed, the speed performance could be a little better, but itā€™s definitely faster that the Raspberry pi 3. I even use the Nextcloud Music app to stream music to my phone and it works flawlessly.

Things Iā€™ve noticed are the Pi user created in the ncp doesnā€™t have sudo privileges just in case any one wants to create another user using the Pi user.
( I personally create another user as said above using root login, create new user, visudo new user, then disable root login via SSH)

The next thing was trying to set up Letā€™s encrypt, I had install certbot manually and run your script git clone lets encrypt and letsencrypt-/ auto ā€“ help . Before I could get this to work otherwise when I used Lets encrypt from nextcloud- config it points to a file that doesnā€™t exist.

Finally I get an error when I load anything using ncp webui
cannot load OPcache - it was already loaded

Other than that everything works brilliantly.

Thanks Nacho for all your hard work

yes, the lets encrypt issue with that image is known, and the fix instructions came with the announcement

we are moving away from the pi user in odroid images, it will dissappear

thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Can you help diagnose my cannot load OPcache - it was already loaded error . It doesnā€™t stop me using Nextcloud but anything PHP related for example when using the ncp Web UI I get this error.

maybe this would help

1 Like

Great work - everything is working. How can I upgrade to 13.01?

through the Nextcloud updater ( in admin settings )

Just came across this video the other day and wondered if this could apply to NextCloudPi as well or not.

Just thought it was interesting.

It is interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing

Well, the Samsung SOC is a Big-Little design used in all those smartphones out there. Great to save power on the go if no high performance is need most of the time but on a server I am not convinced it is the best idea to have this.

I am looking at setting up a Nextcloud sever for a small business, one of the attractions of using Nextcloud is the Collabora Online collaborative editing it offers. The question is: would Odroid XU4 or HC1 be powerful enough to support this feature? If not is it possible to run NextCloudPi on an Odroid N2?

Likely not. You have to keep in mind that for Collabora-Online it has to run the entire text-editor on the server and it only renders images to send to the clients. I am also not sure if the provided CODE Dockerimage is available for ARM server.

OnlyOffice is a bit more lightweight on the serverā€™s resources, but it needs for sure a x86 CPU (well in theory it might work on ARM, but totally untested according to the developers). Maybe have a look at the Odroid-H2 x86: https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-h2/ (Edit: actually sold-out right now :frowning: )

1 Like

Thanks, it was worth my asking as I wasnā€™t sure

new release:

https://ownyourbits.com/downloads/NextCloudPi_OdroidHC2_08-01-19/

Hello, I did the update on 1.16.6. After the update my Odroid HC2 Nextcloud does not work anymore. The SD card was no longer recognized. I have now created a new SD card with the current NextcloudPI image for Odroid. Now my question, how can I restore the paths to the USB disk for the data and database? This does not work on the scripts. Since I always get errors that the directories already exist. Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit from terminal to set correct path for ā€˜datadirectoryā€™

nano /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

Thanks. I changed the path for the data. Where can I change the path for the DB? Currently it is on dbdir / var / lib / mysql. But that would have to be switched to dbdir / media / USBdrive / ncdatabase. I also had the database on the USB disk.

New release
https://ownyourbits.com/downloads/NextCloudPi_OdroidHC2_01-08-20/
Im going to install this new relase after redis-server problems that im unable to solve.

Thanks @nachoparker for your work!

1 Like

I just bought an odroid HC1 to run nextcloudpi and host a photo gallery to share with my family, and was having trouble getting it set up. After flashing the image in the Downloads section ( NextCloudPi_OdroidHC2_03-28-20) I was unable to connect via ssh as the standard root/1234 user; port 22 was closed. I noticed that the how-to-install wiki page has a cryptic note in the SSH section: ā€œHint for Odroid-users: that is not working with the Odroid-image.ā€

After mounting the image on another computer to look at the logs, it looks like the sshd service tries to start on first launch but is missing the relevant file in /etc/systemd/system. I re-flashed the image and just pointed it in the right direction (assuming mounted on /mnt/ncp/):

sudo ln -s /lib/systemd/system/ssh.service /mnt/ncp/lib/systemd/system/sshd.service
sudo ln -s /lib/systemd/system/ssh.service /mnt/ncp/etc/systemd/system/sshd.service

With this small change I was able to ssh in on first boot. After I created my user and changed the root password I still needed to enable the sshd service so that it would run on subsequent boots:

sudo systemctl enable sshd

Hopefully this helps someone who is frustrated with the same situation.

1 Like

Hi!
My SD died one week agoā€¦
So i burned another ĀµSD and put the OS there. Okay. I only need to switch to SO in the SSD without loss my dataā€¦
ARMBIAN-CONFIG only allow to do this, but loosing all previus dataā€¦
What can i do?

1 Like

SSH is disabled by default. The correct way of enabling it is through ncp-web -> SSH

Will update the docs