Nextcloud will not boot after "upgrade": my apache2 install sees my memcache but nextcloud does not?

Hello, thanks for dropping by.

OS info

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): hard to say, I am in the middle of trying to get 20.0.10 to work, but since it’s broken I can’t even query it.
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): debian. Linux 6.0.10-x86_64-linode158 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.54 (Debian)
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1

The issue I am facing:

Trying to upgrade to 20.0.10, I should have backed up but I was dumb and now nextcloud is not working.
I’m currently getting this error:

root@linode (nextcloud ): sudo -u www-data php occ
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
OCP\HintException: [0]: Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache (Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?)

I see the following in my config.php file. It’s clearly related but I don’t know how to follow up on it.

'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',

There is nothing in the apache2 log of interest, but when I look at my php config I see this:

APCu Support	Enabled

I’m not a hotshot admin, so maybe I’m missing something that should be obvious. I just don’t know how to connecct the dots; my apache2 install sees my memcache but nextcloud does not? How can I get back to a working install? Should have backed up…

Solution found

See Nextcloud is already the latest version - #8 by bb77

Specifically, making this alias was all I needed. I have no idea why this works.

alias nocc="sudo -u www-data php --define apc.enable_cli=1 /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ"