Nextcloud stopping File Explorer opening (CRITICAL!)

Whilst I should probably shut up as we’re moving :frowning: But some supplemental information on this. As part of the migration, I revoked 5 pilot users access to some group and shared folders last night as those have been migrated. This morning Nextcloud has crashed for all of them, causing incredibly slow file access to everything and the folders are still visible in their NC folder.

I’m having to remote access each computer individually, stop the Nextcloud process, manually delete the removed folders and start again. The first one had upgraded Nextcloud client 3.12.1 so that clearly hasn’t helped.

I’m pretty sure now that the problem is bulk operations like this - the thing that triggered this entire post was deleting a large number of documents from a group folder.

Plus it’s certainly a new problem. This client had been using Nextcloud quite happily for 2+ years. My fault for upgrading!

Installed Nextcloud client 3.12.2 with anticipation. Opens, starting sync and then freezes entire PC.

I had this problem recently, and going by your comments I deleted all of my Group Folders using the server admin, and restarted my local client.

The client actually opened up, and while it still pauses for a few seconds when I right click a folder in explorer, it actually does get there now. So it’s definitely restored some functionality for me. I’ll avoid using group folders for now and just use the other share, which doesn’t seem to have this problem.

It still says “syncing” but doesn’t give any progress indicators or anything, though, so I don’t know what it’s using 33% CPU and 5GB of RAM for.

later…oops, never mind, it’s frozen again.