Nextcloud offers CalDav Synchronizer for Outlook users

Hi,
I’d like to use this add-on but the installation process requires administrator privileges (which I don’t have). Is there any option that could let me use CalDav Synchronize as a standard user ?

Thanks!

I came across the Outlook CalDav Synchronizer via the online Nextcloud Conference talks, very impressive work! I do understand the demand for a sync with Outlook, given it’s dominance on the Windows OS.
So here a possibly more fundamental question: I am wondering if the sync to (cloud-based) Outlook clients does not defy the rational of most Nextcloud users to have “calendars and contacts in a safe private cloud”? I am aware of options to encrypt the transfer and storage on some cloud solutions, are there any recommendations or validations for the peace-of-mind of users/admins from privacy-concerned (EU GDPR!) enterprises?

thanks

I like it, it worked on first try. But there is one thing I am missing and this is “sync this category only”.
I have my complete contact list on my Google account but only want to sync category “work” to Nextcloud and from there to Outlook. Is this in some way possible?

Regards
Thomas

It is nice, but in Nextcloud 15 the presets for Nextcloud do not work anymore.
There is an error: DataAccess.WebDavClientException: Response status code does not indicate success: ‘415’ (‘Unsupported Media Type’).

With the default preset it works, but one can not choose a calendar.

I am working with Outlook 2007 and 2010 Clients using CalDav Synchronizer V 3.5, which should be the newest one right now. Nexcloud is running on the latest version also (15)…

We would like to sync both, contacts and calenders but we do have the following issues:

• After first sync, for each contact, the birthday was synced into a separate calender. That’s fine, but it failed to sync the Date of the aniversary-field.
    It was not synced at all.
    I was expecting it to be either in an own calender “aniverseries” or into the birthday-calender.

• We found, that some information, outlook stores on the “Details” tab (e.g. the name of the spouse oder the aniversary date) is not synced at all.
    Thats a problem, since we use to sync the contacts between the outlook-clients using nextcloud as a connecting server.
    So if my original entry contains a spouse, its synced to another client without it. If there is something changed and than synced back, the information may be lost on all clients…

So, not showing this information on the web frontend in nextcloud would not be our primary problem, as long, as the information is stored and synced correctly…

Thanks

Dirk

seems to be getting discussed closer here in the german part of the forum.
prolly no problem of caldav synchronizer.

Yes, I created that thread.
But thought, the topic maybe fits in here as well…

Right now, I am not shure, WHICH Part (nextcloud / caldav synchronizer / outlook) is causing the problem…

sure thing you created it. just wanted to let ppl know about the (german) crossposting… since sometimes it’s kinda difficult to keep track about everything.

Meanwhile, I found out, that even if I import a VCF 3 File containing the Informations about Spouse and anniversary, its ignored (or not shown) in nextcloud…

Most likely because custom fields are used instead of standardized fields :wink:

I am not shure, how CalDac Synchronizer works here.
If the software makes a vcard-File out of all the outlook-contacts, it should be able to include the fields in the right way.

Meanwhile I found the switch to include the anivarsary. So “only” the spouse is failing to be synced now…

Thank you for this great step-by-step-tutorial!

Unfortunately I don’t get any tasks from my Nextcloud instance displayed within Outlook, my calendars work fine. Can anyone help me here?

Thank in advance!

Does anyone know if the “Outlook connector” is free for community, or is it a paid app?

If it’s free, where can I download it?

It is developed by assanti.

You can download it here: https://download.nextcloud.com/outlook/

And read more here: https://nextcloud.com/outlook/

1 Like

ummm… file link for outlook would be the one @SmallOne just talked about.

if you’re referring to the tool that this thread is all about… you could find it everywhere on the net. github is here → Releases · aluxnimm/outlookcaldavsynchronizer · GitHub

1 Like

There are two different things:

1. The Outlook Caldav Sync software by Generalize IT which is Open Source and the topic of this thread.
  2. The Nextcloud Secure Sharing Outlook Add-in from Assanti which is proprietary with a freeware version available that is sometimes uploaded by @usselite over here:
1 Like

Thanks guys!

The Outlook Add-in Caldav Synchronizer works great. It syncs my contacts and calendar(s) with my Nextcloud instance and then I use DAVx5 to sync my phone with my Android phone. Very smooth.

I would, at some point, prefer to removed Outlook out of the equation and just sync my Hotmail/Outlook.com contacts and calendar with my Nextcloud instance. That would allow me to keep my shared Outlook calendars in Sync with Nextcloud. That will be important to me until I can fully move away from Hotmail/Outlook accounts (which will take time).

Any thoughts? Any prospects for a better solution, or just stay with the CalDAV Synchronizer until such time as I can fully make the move. Thanks.

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Is there any way to sync my outlookcalendars (from my office) with my private nextcloud without installing any ms-software

I also have been able to successfully install and use the Caldav Synchronizer with Outlook 2010. I am able to connect to multiple calendars and create meetings and retrieve meetings from NextCloud.

I am unable, though, to retrieve free/busy status of other users on my NextCloud server. I know that NextCloud is capable of supplying that information since Thunderbird clients are able to see free/busy status. What am I missing for Outlook 2010 to be able to retrieve free/busy status of meeting invitees?

1 Like