Nextcloud client throws masses of .xsession-errors

I’m using Archlinux locally to sync with Nextcloud running on my VPS (which runs Ubuntu). However, the local client spawns errors which are logged to the .xsession-errors file in my home directory. After about a(process:923): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 16:47:00.612: g_menu_insert_item: assertion ‘G_IS_MENU (menu)’ failed(process:923): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 16:47:00.612: g_menu_insert_item: assertion ‘G_IS_MENU (menu)’ failedn hour of uptime, the file had grown to 985Mb in size, almost all of which were copies (about 9 million of them) of:

(process:923): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 16:47:00.612: g_menu_insert_item: assertion 'G_IS_MENU (menu)' failed

Process 923 is my nextcloud process, which I’ve since stopped. How can I stop the nextcloud client writing such errors to .xsession-errors? Clearly switching nextcloud on and off again is not optimal: I’d like it to run in the background. But I can’t have it logging errors constantly.

I could stop anything being written to .xsession-errors, but sometimes it’s useful to have an error log.

Thanks for any advice!

1 Like

Same here, need help

+1
Same here. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated! :smile:

Duplicate thread here:

1 Like

closing this thread in favor for the other one.
pls go on discussing over there.

@p_the_b thank you for finding that one here.