Originally published at: https://nextcloud.com/blog/nextcloud-client-for-android-3-14-1-coming-today/
We’re currently releasing a minor bugfix release of our Android Files client, bringing a series of fixes to users especially for Android 10. Included are:
- Fix crash due to service not started in time
- Fix UI during media playback
- Fix uploading direct camera images with more than one picture
- Fix conflict handling on auto upload
- And many others!
The release should become available over the coming hours.
Read our 3.14 🥧 announcement blog for more details on the many improvements this release introduced!
🟢 Status setting
🖇️ Multiple sharing links
📱 Sharing UI rewrite
🛎️ Enhanced notification support
Find out more details and the full changelog of 3.14.1 here.
Technical details and compatibility:
- Latest version: Nextcloud 3.14.1 for Android
- Android version: 4.3 or newer
- Nextcloud server version: 13 or newer
- Devices: all Android devices
- Enterprise support: contact our sales team here
- Community support: get help here
- Contribute: report issues here
Of course many fixes, refinements and features are being made regularly and older versions of Nextcloud are not supported. If you run an outdated, unsupported Nextcloud, the Android app will warn you of the risks. Nextcloud 13 is the oldest release that will work with this version of our app and you will get a warning if you are still running Nextcloud 16 or older.
Note that Nextcloud offers long term support for companies, as sometimes they have to use older versions. Contact our sales team for more information on this.
Note that this version of the Nextcloud Android client (version 3.14.1) is supported on Android 4.3 and newer. We strongly recommend private users to upgrade their Nextcloud servers.
Are you 🆕 to Nextcloud?
Here’s a quick must know for you!
- Nextcloud is a private file sync & share and communication server. It is fully open-source and you can host it yourself or pay a company to do it for you. That way, you are in control of your photos, your calendar and contact data, your documents and everything else.
- Nextcloud is self-hosted – you can install it on your own server and use it for private or business purposes. If you need the best business platform for secure filesharing, collaboration and communication check out here.
- Nextcloud is server software that also has available mobile apps. This is our release announcement for Nextcloud 3.14.1 for Android. The Nextcloud Android app allows you to access all your files on your Nextcloud. There’s a Nextcloud mobile app for iOS as well. You can use any of them, and access your data anywhere, whenever if you have a Nextcloud installation running on your server – which is very simple to set up!
Thank you 🙇 to our amazing community!
A big thanks go to all the awesome members of our community that regularly help us make Nextcloud better, by translating Nextcloud to other languages or reporting and fixing issues!
Would you like to contribute to our Android app too? Check out all you need to know here.
If you’d like to get more involved in testing, here’s the easiest way to help us!
We appreciate your feedback! If you’d like to share your comments with us, continue the discussion in our forums. What’s the best thing about the Nextcloud Android client so far?