Nextcloud App for BigBlueButton integration

Thank you for this. I tested it in my department yesterday and today and it has worked better than expected.

2 Likes

Hello,
You said in the Readme : “Don’t forget that you need Ubuntu 16”. I have Debian 10… that means it won’t works ?

@bastien, I wouldn’t know. Can you please check the docs for big blue button?
I recommend a separate server for it (also mentioned in their docs).

In the doc, its clear : “You have a Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit server that meets the minimum specifications
I cant install a second server and my current server is not powerful enough… doesnt matter

Thanks ramezrafla and it’s work fine. On a separate server with bbb-install.sh on Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit server with a public IP address

2 Likes

Here is the Github issue for that:

1 Like

Hi thanks for the information!
Do you know any BBB hosting? I’m not sure I can get a server at this moment and test, so a BBB hosting at an affordable price would be more than welcome :slight_smile:
Thank you, cheers!

you can use a vps from Hetzner for testing, they have hourly billing, I use the CX21 it is enough for a small number of users. BBB have an installation scipt, so easy, it worked perfectly

why not trying to install it on a local vm?

Two reasons: 1) I’d like to test it with colleagues and 2) I’d like to rely on a hosted solution thus not having all the troubles of maintaining a server on my own :wink:

Hello,

I think you should find out elsewhere. There is FAQ for BBB on their site and blog.

On the FAQ, I have found a demo server, you have to login and you can test BBB :

(only one person must register and invites others by link)

You have FAQ here :
https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/support/faq.html

And forums :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/bigbluebutton-users/demo|sort:date
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/bigbluebutton-setup/demo|sort:date

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve been trying to access the demo server but it wasn’t available during the last days.
Cheers!

I tried today and it worked :wink:

1 Like

yep, it’s working, and looks awesome!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your feedback! We’ll be writing a blog post soon to get the message out. Our goal was to make it work out-of-the-box with little customizations.

Among the features we want to add is the ability to record and upload the video to the meeting owner’s files.

Open to collaboration, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

4 Likes

A quick update:

We pushed some improvements to the repo

• Better support for Firefox (see github issues)
  • Removed the left sidebar (conversations) when within a call (takes up real-estate for nothing)
  • Hide right sidebar when call starts (you can show it by clicking the users icon)
  • Removed full-screen icon – not needed as BBB client has that feature for the videos it is displaying
  • Removed the hamburger menu on the left in mobile when within a call (which opens left sidebar)
  • Updated to 8.0.8 (latest stable18 release)

Feel free to share feedback here or on github

Happy video-conferencing!

PS: Talk 9 (for NC19) includes some really cool features like emojis – can’t wait for it

3 Likes

Oh great emojis, my users were using chrome because you have them with a right click.
With firefox they had to go on a website and made copy paste

@ramezrafla

by when do you plan to release your app to the appstore officialy?

@ramezrafla do you have somewhere a demo installed which i can use to have a look how this works?

PM me please your email