Nextcloud 23.0.2RC - help us test!

An RC of 23.0.2 is now out, with a number of fixes for 23.0.1, which caused us to pull that version before we even announced it. The release was delayed a fair bit, but we are finally getting it over the finishing line.

Help is, as always, super welcome - check if this updates well, and if it does fix the issues you encountered. Most important - we want to catch regressions, things that broke but worked in 23.0.0!

Get the files:

Download: nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2 or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip
Check the file integrity with:
MD5: nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2.md5 or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip.md5
SHA256: nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2.sha256 or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip.sha256
SHA512: nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2.sha512 or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip.sha512
PGP (Key): nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2.asc or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip.asc

Let me give you a full changelog from 23.0.0 to 23.0.2RC1, as that seems most appropriate:

If you are already on 23.0.1 (like myself), this is the 23.0.2RC1 changelog:

Get the files:

Download: nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2 or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip
Check the file integrity with:
MD5: nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2.md5 or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip.md5
SHA256: nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2.sha256 or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip.sha256
SHA512: nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2.sha512 or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip.sha512
PGP (Key): nextcloud-23.0.2.tar.bz2.asc or nextcloud-23.0.2.zip.asc

5 Likes

Updating and some testing brought no problems for the following:

• Copy of a production NC from 23.0 to 23.0.2RC with 90 users on a managed server
  • Update of a NC from 23.0.1RC3 to 23.0.2RC on a shared hoster.

Both do not use LDAP functionality.
So far I was not able to reproduce the conflicted copy issue, but I only tried with two examples.
The Whiteboard App, despite saying it’s not compatible, works.

One issue I found no solution or even reproducible reason so far is “Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\UniqueConstraintViolationException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ’ {{FILENAME}} ‘’ for key ‘groups_folder_trash_unique’. But it’s not an issue hat occurred new after the updates.

Update from 23.0.1 without issue, all checks passed.
Could not establish connection to the Collabora Online server, as before :wink:

updated fine no issues (from 23.0.1)
main usage is contacts/calendar sync to android/ipad and files to windows clients (3.4.2) no issues so far thanks!

@Nero
I had also problems with the Collabora Online Server. After I had completely removed docker and reinstalled everything and also changed the nextcloud.conf file it worked.
see here Can I migrate to a new server instead of upgrading. Unsolved issues with webfinger, nodeinfo and Collabora when upgrading to 21.0.7 - #7 by rollanders

Thank, I do not have docker, only the two Apps, but I will have a look into your Info.

We have one issue between client and server, a recent update is here that we still are debugging. I am not sure we’ll release 23.0.2 without a fix for that problem - though it might be client side, or server side, it’s unclear.

Anybody who can reproduce that issue (faulty conflict files generated while you’re editing & occasionally saving a file) - consider generating debug files & sharing them with the devs in the issue above. If you don’t want to put the file in a public place, you can email Matthieu some info and a link directly (you can find his email via the issue linked above).

2 Likes

How do I upgrade using command?

I tired the command below but it’s only checking the stable channel
root@cloud:/var/www/nextcloud# sudo -u www-data php ./occ upgrade

Screenshot from Web Interface

You can for instance use, or adopt, this instruction and script.

https://www.c-rieger.de/nextcloud-upgrade-mittels-cli/

I think that you can adopt it and download any version you want.

But I think you need to know what you are doing. I would wait till the new version gets offered to you.

1 Like

I get stuck at
chmod +x upgrade.sh

upgrade.sh: No such file or directory

You may need to add sudo

try
./upgrade.sh

The minor upgrade will be presented to the VM soon. The 23.0.2 is
released as stable already. So no release candidate to test

/Johan

2022-02-18 14:14 skrev Jai Mehta via Nextcloud community:

23.0.0 to 23.0.2