New install various warnings in Overview -> curable via docker-compose?

Hi,

So I have reinstalled Nextcloud (via the official docker-compose file) after testing it for some time and I have been greeted by a long list of warnings on the admin’s Overview page. I don’t understand why this can’t be baked into the image but that is a different story.

I have found out how to resolve all of them. But the thing is that these modifications/settings are gone, once the NC container gets rebuilt. Then I have to do it all again.

Because I am lazy, I am hoping that at least some of the settings can be automated in the docker-compose file.

So is there a way to, for example, set this Apache setting

Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains"

via docker-compose?

It is a long shot, I know. But I really don’t want to do it again all the time…

Thanks!

There is no reason to add Strict-Transport-Security header to the docker image as it runs without TLS. The official docker image is intended to be located behind reverse proxy which in turn could add all necessary headers…

See example with nginx or search this forum for working examples with reverse proxy of your choice.

Understood. Thanks. The Strict-Transport-Security setting was just an example. There are others as well.

But coming back to my question: Can I somehow set this via docker-compose?

Thanks.

it depends on your solution… quick search in this forum shows an example for traefik reverse proxy

and the short answer: no you can’t configure everything using docker-compose… sooner or later you need to adopt config files of the respective software as well as most of the software packages is not developed for containers only and container is often only the simplified way to run it…

Yes, I am all for simplification :grin: I guess it is time to learn Ansible…

But for the HSTS-thing: Maybe the better solution will be to actually do this in my proxy server.

Thanks for your help!