NC + OnlyOffice on ARM64 using qemu

Did I miss something? Still no convenient and guaranteed working way for using OnlyOffice on e. g. Raspberry Pi - right?

try above mentioned process and you will surely get office working on Pi

1 Like

Hi @earth,
you really tried NC 20 + OO?! And that worked?! Great news, man, really. Makes me feel confident about NC future releases in combination with OO!

:+1: You are the pro!

1 Like

So, this mostly works, but I cannot save Excel files. I have had to use the various ā€œgenericā€ OnlyOffice workarounds to get files to save at all (documentserver:flush), but no matter what I try, Excel files never save. Word and PowerPoint files seem to save.

The log file generated by the wrapper invariably produces the following.

change_code: e.ZH=!1;e.EMc=e.Mcb();null!=d&&d()})}else null!=d&&d()};Qa.prototype.tVf=function(c,d,e){if(null!=d){this.ZH=!0;if(null==c){var h=a.Asc.editor.td.Eoa,z;for(z in h)Ta(h[z])&&Ta(h[z].Hg)&&Ta(h[z].Hg.controller)&&(h[z].fSa(),h[z].Hg.controller.Dh());wb.yg();wb.uh();wb.fJa(null);wb.BDa(null);c=new AscCommonExcel.ePc;wb.gld(c,!1)}h=new AscCommon.Paa(d,d.length);h.Ew=null;var f=h.jb(),n=4;for(z=0;z<f&&(!0!==a.NATIVE_EDITOR_ENJINE||!a["native"].CheckNextChange||a["native"].CheckNextChange());z++){var Fa=

change: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Eoa' of null

DoctRenderer:<result><error index="-2" /></result>

Are others able to save Excel files OK?

Hi @TerminalAddict,
In my environment, all types of files are being saved. However there is a general issue with NC and OO when editing files in OO and outside OO locally in a synced folder. But this is also not related to the type of file. And not related to the Qemu wrapper.

Your issue is not related to the file content? It is also not related to the file format (XLSX, ODS, ā€¦)? Did you try a fresh install?

Best,
mbcon

Interesting. Which OS are you running? I have tried an existing xlsx file, and a brand new empty xlsx file. It doesnā€™t seem to matter. I am aware of the general OO+NC file saving issues, but as I mentioned, Word and PowerPoint files save just fine (with the flush/cron mitigations put in place).

Armbian Linux ā€¦ you can find more details in the beginning of the thread. I do not use flush/cron mitigation setup and just live with the fact that mixed editing does not work.

Editing feature from mobile is now available in paid version only

I know that this is slightly off topic, but while I was trying to make this work with NC 20 I discovered that the Collabora Online office app comes with similar functionality as OnlyOffice. The major advantage is that the aquivalent to the Community Documentserver app has a version that natively supports ARM64. Just had to install ā€œCollabora Onlineā€ and ā€œCollabora Online - Built-in CODE Server (ARM64)ā€ via the app menu. As far as I tested (not that much) everything works perfectly fine.

Only wanted to post this here in case anybody who just wants to run an office app which supports working collaborative on documents on his RPi comes along and doesnā€™t particulary care if it is OnlyOffice. Nevertheless, thank you @earth and @mbcon for trying to make OO work on ARM64!

1 Like

Sounds interesting! BUT long story short: itĀ“s not working on Raspberry Pi 4 (app ā€œrichdocumentscode_arm64ā€), if OS is not running as 64 bit. See https://github.com/CollaboraOnline/richdocumentscode/issues/81#issuecomment-716202437.

Thatā€™s true. But this is what the abbreviation ARM64 is saying: Itā€™s the ARM CPU architecture 64-bit version. So it is running on an RPi 4 (should be 4+GB RAM) - just not with an 32-bit OS like the standart Raspberry Pi OS. That is, you have to have an 64-bit OS like the Ubuntu Server 64-bit version (like me) or (like @mbcon ) the Armbian 64-bit version. There is also an Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit Beta.If youā€™d like to give it a try, it can be downloaded here: https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_arm64/images/

fyi, see this article for details on why your Raspberry Pi setup is not working properly:

1 Like

Quick update. I switched from Raspberry Pi OS (64bit) to Ubuntu, and am now able to save Excel files. Word and PowerPoint files still seem to be saving as well. I havenā€™t tested extensively, but it looks promising so far.

Thanks for doing the hard work!

1 Like

getting error on ubuntu 20.10 with nextcloud 20

Error: Undefined property: OCA\Onlyoffice\DocumentService::$logger at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/onlyoffice/lib/documentservice.php#435

/var/www/nextcloud/apps/onlyoffice/lib/documentservice.php - line 435:

OC\Log\ErrorHandler::onError()

/var/www/nextcloud/apps/onlyoffice/controller/settingscontroller.php - line 168:

OCA\Onlyoffice\DocumentService->checkDocServiceUrl()

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 169:

OCA\Onlyoffice\Controller\SettingsController->SaveAddress()

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 100:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController()

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 152:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch()

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 308:

OC\AppFramework\App::main()

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1009:

OC\Route\Router->match()

/var/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 37:

OC::handleRequest()

Hi @earth,
did you move to Ubuntu 20 and NC 20 just now or already a while ago? To me it looks like the service URL is no longer ok. Did you check Config -> OnlyOffice -> Service address?

Stay safe,
mbcon

I installed it fresh on my rpi4 4gb.
I already double checked my service address.

with the above log this also comes same time

Exception: Call to a member function debug() on null

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1009:

OC\Route\Router->match()

still no success on nextcloud20 with ubuntu 20.10 on raspberry pi 4 4gb
error
Error Exception: Call to a member function debug() on null

/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1008:

OC\Route\Router->match()

Caused by Error: Call to a member function debug() on null

/var/www/nextcloud/apps/onlyoffice/controller/settingscontroller.php - line 168:

OC\Route\Router->match()

Error Error: Undefined property: OCA\Onlyoffice\DocumentService::$logger at /var/www/nextcloud/apps/onlyoffice/lib/documentservice.php#435

/var/www/nextcloud/apps/onlyoffice/lib/documentservice.php - line 435:

OC\Log\ErrorHandler::onError()

OC\Route\Router->match()

Yesterday o got it working with apps available on AppStore.
With mobile edit. And also no qemu user which takes more of memory.
Please check it, if some body is eagerly waiting

I found this error in my error when live error is on
it constantly shows
Error onlyoffice Group is unknown account

and my qemu.log shows

==== C stack trace ===============================

[0x0040038c2a92]
 [0x00400437a390]
 [0x0040048c5428]
 [0x0040048c702a]
 [0x0040049077ea]
 [0x00400490780e]
 [0x004004378875]
 [0x0040043788d4]
 [0x00400437897a]
 [0x0040038c0480]
 [0x0040038b5579]
 [0x0040038b6a7b]
 [0x0040038c15bf]
 [0x0040043706ba]
 [0x00400499741d]
[end of stack trace]
qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
/opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86_64 -cpu max -d unimp,guest_errors -L /opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86-libs ./x2t.bin /tmp/oc_tmp_Umj2K2-.xml
The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.Received signal qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
/opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86_64 -cpu max -d unimp,guest_errors -L /opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86-libs ./x2t.bin /tmp/oc_tmp_18oXRY-.xml
The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.Received signal Received signal 66

The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
/opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86_64 -cpu max -d unimp,guest_errors -L /opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86-libs ./x2t.bin /tmp/oc_tmp_JRM6VZ-.xml
The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
/opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86_64 -cpu max -d unimp,guest_errors -L /opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86-libs ./x2t.bin /tmp/oc_tmp_Ay1gk0-.xml
The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
/opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86_64 -cpu max -d unimp,guest_errors -L /opt/onlyoffice-wrapper/qemu-x86-libs ./x2t.bin

I got it working in a docker container. Not as convenient as an app on Nextcloud, but I can guarantee that it works as of writing this. If you want to use larger files, I have a way and Iā€™m trying to make a script that would work with docker compose, but I donā€™t really have free time and I donā€™t know this stuff.

Shortcomings: It takes time to build the docker image. Make a coffee, start the build and wait. Havenā€™t found anything not working so far, Iā€™m using it every day and no issues so far.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Hi jiriks74,
great work. I just checked your repository and the docs. You really put a lot of effort in the development and the documentation.
I moved away from my little ARM device (2GB RAM only) and went back to an Intel-powered Herobox. That now serves Nextcloud + Adguard DNS in Docker containers for all other devices.

Hope you get the kudos you deserve!
Cheers,
mbcon

1 Like