NC 27.1.3, 26.0.8, 25.0.13 final

:headstone: Nextcloud 25 is reaching end of life! 25.0.13 is becoming the last release of this series. If you are still on Nextcloud 25 plan your upgrade. If no upgrade to 26 was offered to you yet, please check your PHP version! Nextcloud 25 was the last release still supporting PHP 7.4 (which also is unsupported for roughly a year now), so upgrading to PHP 8.x is necessary.

We updated our servers, did our tests, and the release candidates seem pretty decent. Still, give it a whirl and report back here so we’re even more sure that it’s good to go! If you notice anything out of order, please report back on the appropriate github repository! :bowing_woman:

Downloads

25.0.13 EOL :headstone:

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: PHP 7.4 security updates EOL Nov. 28, 2022

Perhaps this isn’t the place for this issue, but as of version 27.1.2, the automatic update process halted at step 9 (deleting old files), resulting in a catastrophic outcome: all files were erased, and the new ones weren’t installed. My installation is now nearly empty, and I’m utterly devastated.

You should be able to run the updater again. (That one should not have been erased)

The upgrade has worked for me on several different systems.

Thank you. I had to manually re-add the missing files and the re-run the updater. than it worked. strange.

I already do upgrate yestrday to 26 and 27 but webpage get error
This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 8.0 You are currently running 7.4.33. Please update your PHP version.

and i am already update php to 8.2 and still give me this error

Updating php alone is not enough. You must disable the old and enable the new php-sapi in your webserver as well.

It depends on two factors:

1. which webserver: apache2 or nginx (or ?)
  2. which php-sapi (Server api) module or fpm

Without that knowledge, it is difficult to help you.

Here are a few commands to examine or cleanup your system yourself:

(On debian like operating systems)
list all installed php related packages on your system:

dpkg -l | awk '/^ii.*php/ {print $2}'

list the used php sapi by apache2

apachectl -tD DUMP_INCLUDES | sed -n '/php.*conf/ s#.*/\([^/]*\)\.conf#\1#p'

These are the commands to switch php to the new version, if you are using php-fpm with apache2 server:

sudo a2disconf php7.4-fpm
sudo a2enconf php8.2-fpm
sudo systemctl restart apache2 php8.2-fpm

If these tips are not enough to solve your problem, don’t hesitate to ask for further help but you have to provide more information about your server and setup.

Much luck,
ernolf

thank you @ernolf , i already do that and is work fine, now i have this error, and i do all solution in forum or webpage nextcloud, and no resolve, do youhave ide to resolve it :slight_smile:

• Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/webfinger”. Further information can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:.
  • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/nodeinfo”. Further information can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:.
  • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/caldav”. Further information can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:.
  • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/carddav”. Further information can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:.

You should not hijack this thread for such problems. This is not the way this board works.
Open a new thread please and fill out the complete support template and then you may be helped.

Much luck,
ernolf

@Yacine, NextCloud is a PITA like that yes. Docs on the subject never seem complete either. Here’s my lighttpd conf to fix those four warnings:

# url.redirect sends a 301 response
    url.redirect = ( "^/.well-known/(webfinger|nodeinfo)" => "${url.scheme}://${url.authority}/index.php/.well-known/$1",
                     "^/.well-known/ca(rd|l)dav/?$" => "${url.scheme}://${url.authority}/remote.php/dav",
                     )

I’m not even 100%sure they are right, just that they work but that in my experience is how so much of this cruddy advice goes (try working out what ocs-provider and ocm-provider need to point to!). Do take note though that the checks you are seeing failed are all performed here:

Specifically, by this function:

called here:

Please do not forget to publish Nextcloud 26 for Univention server :wink: