Move date folder to external hard disk

Support intro

Good morning everyone, I’m new in nextcloud and I’m having some trouble managing the storage space. I have followed many tutorials hoping to fix the problem but it does not work. I would like to move my data folder to an external hard disk in order to have more storage space. I’m using a Raspberry pi 3B and I can’t figure out how to do it, some install it directly on the hard disk and it works, others move it later. In any case none of these systems works, can anyone help me?

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (16.0.3):
Operating system and version (Raspberry pi 3B):
Apache or nginx version (Apache 2):
PHP version (eg, 7.1):

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):
Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Install nextcloud
  2. Mouve data Folder

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Seems already answered here few times here:

1 Like

hey. welcome to the forum.

pls use built.in searchfunction of the forum ahead of filing the same question… :wink:

there’s even a howto on that very point.

plus: this template here is not for fun… if you’re seeking for real answers feel free to fill out as much information as you can about your instance.

thank you in advance… and good luck with your issue.
happy nc’ing

1 Like