Missing occ folder

Sorry if this is a very stupid question but I have been unable to find anything in my searching that helps. I am very new to Nextcloud and command line.

I am running Nextcloud as an Unraid docker. I updated to Nextcloud Hub 5 (27.0.0) using command line and all went well. Looking at the administrator setting today there is a warning that “the database is missing some indexes…by running “occ db:add-missing-indices” those missing indexes could be added manually…”. This seems to happen every time I do an update. On each occassion I have followed SpaceInvader One’s excellent tutorial on how to fix it. He advises I open an unraid terminal and navigate to the config/www/nextcloud folder were I can run the “sudo -u abc ./occ db:add-missing-indices” command. This has always worked in the past but I now get “sudo: ./occ: command not found” message.

On listing the folders in config/www/nextcloud/ the occ folder isn’t present as it has been previously. The only folders present are apps, config and themes.

Is the occ folder missing or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Ray

1 Like

I don’t know nothing about the docker stuff, but to call the occ command, there are already some topics, e.g.

Perhaps there is more information in the documentation of the docker that you are using.

In this case,

this wasn’t your Nextcloud folder. In the main folder you should have a public.php, remote.php, occ, version.php, and a few more files and folders.

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me!

This is what I expect too! It is not such, however! STRANGE!

Ok, I missed this.

1 Like

It would appear that LinuxServer.io has modified their NC image and occ can now be found at /app/www/src/occ.

As for the indices, that will happen every time you upgrade and it’s documented why:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/upgrade.html#manual-steps-during-upgrade

It’s a normal and expected part of upgrading.