Migrating from OC 9.1.2 (latest) to NC 10.01 - fails (common problem?)

I tried to migrate from OC 9.1.2 to NC 10.01 which fails. Error-message says something like “downgrading from nextcloud 9XX to 9XX is not possible because …”.

An yes, it says “nextcloud” there, though owncloud still was installed before…

I am migrating manually via terminal, by deleting all files and keeping config & data and copying the new NC-10-files.

Any help appreciated.

Best regards

The version string of owncloud seems to be higher than the one of Nextcloud. If you are patient, you can just wait for the next NC version 10.0.2. @LukasReschke is there a solution, we had such problems before?

The Error-message was: “cannot downgrade from 9.1.2.5 to 9.1.1.5” - which this user also describes: Cannot downgrade nextcloud 9.1.2.5 to 9.1.1.5 [Solution]

Is it a safe solution by changing the version in the configfile or are there safer alternatives?

When will the next NC-version be released? I have already waited a few month, and I really like to migrate asap. Obviously other users who migrate from OC 9.1.2 have the same problems?

ref:

1 Like

Thnx for opening this issue. Will this problem be solved in NC 11? I think this is an important issue, since there are a lot of users who still need to migrate.

Good question. @MorrisJobke @jospoortvliet can you clarify?

I’m guessing 9.1.2 users should migrate directly to Nextcloud 11, that should work!!! @LukasReschke you know this stuff better than I do…

2 Likes