Login loop with NextCloud12 Fresh install

Hey Forum,

I have a CentOS 7 server with NginX, PHP-FPM and MySQL installed. I’ve set everything up as it should be, even used the nextcloud generated php config in /etc/php-fpm.d/nextcloud.conf

Howverr I’m in an infinite login loop and can’t login to the server. Every login just redirects me back to the login page. In the nextcloud.log file I can see similar lines to this all the way:

{"reqId":"9mlqx7kzDZ3IJv2oocy4","level":3,"time":"2017-09-19T14:33:10+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.0.0.21","user":"--","app":"lib","method":"GET","url":"\/login?redirect_url=\/apps\/files\/","message":"ResourceLocator can not find a web root (root: \/var\/www\/hu.mycompany.cloud, file: core\/vendor\/jquery-ui\/themes\/base\/jquery-ui.css, webRoot: , throw: false)","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/59.0.3071.109 Safari\/537.36","version":"13.0.0.3"}
{"reqId":"9mlqx7kzDZ3IJv2oocy4","level":3,"time":"2017-09-19T14:33:10+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.0.0.21","user":"--","app":"lib","method":"GET","url":"\/login?redirect_url=\/apps\/files\/","message":"ResourceLocator can not find a web root (root: \/var\/www\/hu.mycompany.cloud, file: core\/css\/jquery.ocdialog.css, webRoot: , throw: false)","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/59.0.3071.109 Safari\/537.36","version":"13.0.0.3"}
{"reqId":"9mlqx7kzDZ3IJv2oocy4","level":3,"time":"2017-09-19T14:33:10+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.0.0.21","user":"--","app":"lib","method":"GET","url":"\/login?redirect_url=\/apps\/files\/","message":"ResourceLocator can not find a web root (root: \/var\/www\/hu.mycompany.cloud, file: core\/css\/guest.css, webRoot: , throw: false)","userAgent":"Mozilla\/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/59.0.3071.109 Safari\/537.36","version":"13.0.0.3"}

Any idea?

1 Like

Did you check the given paths if the files are present?

@tflidd

Yes, OFC. The files do exist, it is a fresh installation of NextCloud. Everything is at it’s place. I have no clue what is this error message is. Also, in addition, here is my config.php

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'SECRET',
  'passwordsalt' => 'SECRET',
  'secret' => 'SECRET',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'cloud.mycompany.hu',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/hu.mycompany.cloud/data',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://cloud.mycompany.hu',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '13.0.0.3',
  'dbname' => 'SECRET',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'SECRET',
  'dbpassword' => 'SECRET',
  'allow_user_to_change_display_name' => true,
  'session_lifetime' => 28800,
  'token_auth_enforced' => false,
  'mail_domain' => 'mycompany.hu',
  'mail_from_address' => 'cloud',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'php',
  'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/',
  'overwritewebroot' => '',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'installed' => true,
);

If I remove 'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/', and 'overwritewebroot' => '', nothing changes.

Please use the release packages on https://nextcloud.com/changelog and don’t use the development version from github (does not work straight away).

Ok, I’ve downloaded the 12th version and unpacked it. However, the exact same happens.

• I manage to install it via the 1st config screen
  • I’m automatically logged in, but can’t do anything
  • After 10 sec, I’m automatically logged out
  • Login loop again

Grrrrr… And now not even the nextcloud.log file logs anything… What gives?

AAAAAAAAND solved!

File permissions in /var/lib/php/ are all wrong if you are using NginX.

chown nginx:nginx /var/lib/php/session/
chown root:nginx /var/lib/php/wsdlcache/
chown root:nginx /var/lib/php/opcache/

And all works. Please @system , write this in the installation manual regarding to NginX because I’ve literally teared out all my hair until I’ve found this.

4 Likes

Thanks Imre_Bertalan,

I followed what you suggested and chowned those folders except I am using PHP7 and so the paths were slightly different:

chown nginx:nginx /var/lib/php/fpm/session/
chown root:nginx /var/lib/php/fpm/wsdlcache/
chown root:nginx /var/lib/php/fpm/opcache/

But I was still seeing the same errors in the log, I then chowned the parent folder as such:

chown -R nginx:nginx /var/lib/php/fpm/

And I was then finally able to login.

Thank you man!
Almost the same issue, but I had no folder /var/lib/php/session (stupid typo in sessions word…)

TIP: first! check the /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf file for ‘path’ parameters, like
php_value[session.save_path]
php_value[soap.wsdl_cache_dir]

And create appropriate folders (if needed) with ‘nginx’ user permissions.

Thank U. I registered this account just wanna say thanks to you, it has plagued me for a month, but you do it!

Hi,
I have also created an account to say THANK YOU for the solution.
)))))))))))