We now have packages for all major distributions:
- Fedora (server & client included) & RHEL (server & client in EPEL7 repo)
- openSUSE & SLE (server in offical server applications OBS (how-to), client included)
- Debian and Ubuntu Server:
- client and server packages by @morph027. This project is on gitlab. (NOTE: seems no longer maintained :()
- Debian Client:
client packages by @ivaradi for Debian 7 Wheezy, 8 Jessie and 9 Stretch (and
9.0_updatewhich I guess is buster?). This project is on OBS, currently has no Dolphin integration.
- client packages by @m4lvin for Debian 9 Stretch only. This project is on github and built on travis-ci.org, with Dolphin integration.
- client packages by @ivaradi for Debian 7 Wheezy, 8 Jessie and 9 Stretch (and
- Ubuntu Client:
- Arch Linux moved to Nextcloud (server & client included)
- Mageia moved to Nextcloud (server & client included)
- if you have a QNAP NAS, grab a maintained image from this community store (forum thread here)
- Client and server in OpenBSD-current, on the ports tree and also packages
- Cross-distribution solutions for the server:
- Cross-distribution solutions for the client:
- For flatpack run:
flatpak install --from https://flathub.org/repo/appstream/org.nextcloud.Nextcloud.flatpakref
After installing you can start the client using ```flatpak run org.nextcloud.Nextcloud````
- On our installation page you can download an AppImage of the client.
- There is a snap you can install with
sudo snap install --edge nextcloud-client-kyrofabut it seems unmaintained at the moment.
- For flatpack run:
THANK YOU to all distribution packagers. Amazing documentation too, btw! Some good migration documentation and so on. Very nice work, showing once again the power of community!
For instructions how to convert from the ownCloud client to the Nextcloud client see here.
Feedback, updates, new packages - please let me know below and I’ll update this post.