LDAP groups not working

Nextcloud version : 19.0.0

Operating system : Ubuntu 18.04

Apache: version 2.4.29

PHP version: 7.2.24

DB : 10.1.44-MariaDB

LDAP Server: Windows Server 2019

The issue you are facing:

I am trying to setup LDAP for nextcloud. The connection is fine. It gives me the “configuration is OK” message. However, when I go to the Users tab the option “Only from these groups:” is greyed out. I can’t access it. According to Admin manual on this link https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/19/admin_manual/configuration_user/user_auth_ldap.html it is because, “LDAP server does not support the member-of-overlay in LDAP filters”. I have tried to how to enable this on Windows Server 2019 Active Directory. My aim is to allow a set of users who are only is a specified Windows Security Group to access Nextcloud. Please help me and thank you.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

I am setting up a NextCloud server for the first time.

I don’t think the rest of the tests are necessary. Please let me know if I need to provide more info.

What does it say right above - Only these object classes:…?

On Users tab "Listing and searching for users is constrained by these criteria: " is written above " Only these object classes:"

spelling error in the main post. “My aim is to allow a set of users who are only in a specified Windows Security Group to access Nextcloud. Please help me and thank you.”

Ok, I dont know how it worked. But messing with LDAP settings i started to get the error “Internal Server Error” when ever i clicked any menu link on the right side under the user name. Like, Settings, Apps, Users etc. The Files, Photos worked fine.

Each time i had to either click back or clear browser cache to go to login page. I checked the nextcloud log, which basically says LDAP error. After hours of search I found out i can delete the LDAP settings using “occ” command from terminal. I deleted the LDAP config. Logged back in and set the LDAP again. Now it works fine. I even can add usergroups (which was the whole point of this post). Its fixed now. Hope this helps who has similar problems. Cheers

EDIT: although i have a new problem now (which doesnt effect the function of the server). When i go to the users tab, the users i have allowed are duplicated. As i scroll down, it keeps on duplicating… :S

RE: duplicating users

I will check this. Thank you