I wanted to give it a try and followed the installation instructions: https://github.com/jsxc/jsxc/wiki/Install-ojsxc-(owncloud)
I found the option to use the “Internal JSXC XMPP server”:
- I installed the app via app store
- chose “Internal (Experimental)” in admin panel
- entered “
stun:<my.turnserver.url>:<port>” as TURN url
- left out TURN username and pw, as my TURN server provides TURN secret
- added TURN secret and lifetime of 600 seconds, which is standard value in coturn config, as I remember
- just in case added the following to my nextcloud apache vhost/config:
ProxyPass /http-bind/ http://localhost:5280/http-bind/ ProxyPassReverse /http-bind/ http://localhost:5280/http-bind/
- I did a logout and login, as suggested in admin panel after settings are saved and was able to.
- Sadly the chat icon did not show up. If I login “without Chat”, the icon appears, but indeed says that login is needed, which is then not possible by entering the Nextcloud username and password.
- My browser console shows the following:
jsxc.js?v=9c7a58b…:185 State changed to INITIATING jsxc.js?v=9c7a58b…:185 State changed to PREVCONFOUND jsxc.js?v=9c7a58b…:185 check master jsxc.js?v=9c7a58b…:185 I am master. jsxc.js?v=9c7a58b…:185 [WARN] xmpp.url required for login
- I am wondering about “
xmpp.url required for login”, as I chose the internal xmpp server and therefore the settings for entering the XMPP domain and BOSH url disappear.
So my questions:
- First, is it correct to enter the TURN url like this
"stun:<url>:<port>" as the example on empty settings field show? Or should I just use “
https://<url>:<port>” as this should be fine read by my TURN server?
- Do I still need to install the XMPP/BOSH server, as this is mentioned on top of every install instruction? I highly doubt, as the settings clearly say to use a simple internal server and hides the fields to enter external xmpp/bosh.
- It this a bug, related to the browser console, that the internal server setting is not used correctly and the app still looks for the xmpp/bosh entries to start up?
- Raspberry Pi 2
- up to date Raspbian
- Apache 2.4.25
- PHP 7.0.17 (same result with 7.0.16)
- MariaDB 10.0.29
- Nextcloud 11.0.2 RC2 (same result with 11.0.1)