Integrity Check failed ->> .htaccess file invalid

Nextcloud version: 26.0.2
Operating system and version : 22.04.02
Apache version : Apache/2.4.52
PHP version : 8.1.2

Hello everyone, hope you are doing fine.

THE ISSUE I AM FACING IS:
Warning message appeared after updating modules ´Mail´ (to version 3.2.0) and ´Contacts´ to version 5.3.0 and ´Calendar´ version 4.4.1 (I have created a backup of my NC instance before the updates). At this moment I do not want to use my backup, since to me the issue seems repairable.

The message is: Some files have not passed the integrity check.
This is the first time I’ve seen this error.

The list of invalid files concluded that NC expected a different Hash Value for the file .htaccess.
I have modified this file long time ago, even before upgrading the NextCloud instance from v25 to v26. The modification included HSTS Header information only.

I HAVE TRIED TO:

1. Repair the .htaccess file by the command: sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:update:htaccess
    –>>> It did repair the file, but the integrity check still shows the same warning message

2. Replacing the .htaccess file by a original .htaccess file, modified its ownership to www-data
    –>>> The warning message is still the same. (But now including the HSTS header security message for which I had modified my .htaccess file)

3. I have rebooted the system in both repair trials, but no changed in the results

4. I have tried to disable the integrity check (although this is not a proper solution, since it is a security item). Adding a line with ´integrity_check_disabled´ in the config.php file inside the Config directory of NC did not disabled the integrity check at all.

THE CONFIG FILE DETAILS (in case needed)

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => ' ...... something .......', 'passwordsalt' => '4.......... bla bla bla bla .....oDRZU', 'secret' => '51vVDE2 ....................................... Zojmmji', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'xxxxxxxx', 1 => 'xxxxxxxxxxxx', 2 => 'xxxxxxxxxxxx', ), 'datadirectory' => '/xxxx/xxxxx', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '26.0.2.1', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'dbname' => 'xxxxxxxxxxx', 'dbhost' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxx', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'xxxx_', 'mysql.utf8mb4' => true, 'dbuser' => 'xxxxxxxxxx', 'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxxxxx', 'installed' => true, 'filelocking.enabled' => true, 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', 'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis', 'redis' => array ( 'host' => 'xxxxxxx', 'port' => xxxxxx, ), 'mail_from_address' => 'xxxxxxxxx', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'xxxxxx', 'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl', 'mail_sendmailmode' => 'xxxx', 'mail_domain' => 'xxxxxxxx', 'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'xxxxx', 'mail_smtphost' => 'xxxxxxxx', 'mail_smtpport' => 'xxxxxx', 'mail_smtpauth' => 1, 'mail_smtpname' => 'xxxxxxxx', 'mail_smtppassword' => 'xxxxxxxxx', 'default_phone_region' => 'xxxxxxxx', 'maintenance' => false, 'theme' => '', 'loglevel' => 2, ); I hope someone can guide me in this matter for a proper solution. thanks in advance!!

I have found the solution for the issues in my Nextclous instance. The solution comes froma topic from Akhenaton in July 2016 (Failed integrity check after manual upgrade - #6 by Akhenaton)

1. Add the folling line in the /config/config.php file:
    → ‘integrity.check.disabled’ => true,
  2. Now reload the page ‘Security & setup warnings’
  3. When you see the yellow banner click on rescan
  4. Log-out
  5. Log back in as admin you will not the integrity failure anymore
  6. Now delete the line that you put in your /config/config.php file to re-enable the integrity check

This did work for me. And I hope someone finds use in the topic…
Regards and stay safe.