Installing NC 11.0.0 from scratch problem

Hi,

I’m building a development server and am trying to install 11 on it. The problem I’m having, whether I use
the command line occ installation recipe (or the web installation wizard) is that it is complaining
with

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1049] Unknown database ‘nextcloud’
->

The database I’m specifying is “nextcloud” and the root credentials for the database access are correct.
The MariaDB install is fresh.

This is on CentOS 7 with Apache 2.4.6, PHP 7.0.14 and MariaDB 5.5.52

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Adrian

Can you login from cli with the credentials you’re using in NC and verify the available databases include the nextcloud db?

mysql -u USER -pSECRET
Then at the mysql > prompt, type show databases;

Same problem installing on Ubuntu 14.04. Exactly the same error message. php 5.5.9 mysql 5.5.

The database I am specifying is next cloud and root credentials are correct.

The next cloud database is not being created, I checked with show databases command.

Thanks for the responses. I seem to have solved the install problem by connecting via the CLI to the MariaDB database as user root and doing a create database nextcloud. Now trying to resolve why the configuration for the LDAP connector
works fine under 10.0.0 but not 11.0.0 … but that’s another story.

I can confirm, need to create the --database-name specified in the occ maintenance command manually, in my case “nextcloud” and then run the occ maintenance command to successfully install on the command line.

is there already a post on github about this?

I don’t think so, needs to be done.

@JasonBayton who will? And who has sufficient informations about this?