Icons missing / path not rewritten

I have seen the problem as well as I wanted to update the documentation

@JasonBayton

It seems to be a bug in the theming app. If you don’t use theming, disable the theming app. Bug report is here:

2 Likes

Thanks for the report.

Yeah I remember also other users having the problem as you describe. Mine is actually the other way round: The pretty urls break the theming without app and the app on the other hand fixes this for me, without having an actual theme configured.

Hmm now that I write this, I realize the contradiction: In both cases no actual theme configured (‘theme’ => ‘’, or completely removed), pretty urls are configured (config.php and .htaccess look exactly the same, as you posted on github). But in my case enabling the theming app solves the issue, where in your case it produces it.

The error on the other hand is exactly the same, same missing icons, same wrong url. I am out of fantasy here :smiley:. Will add it to your gh issue.

1 Like

I played around a while and finally what I found is, that the error occurs for me always, when I enable pretty urls. The solution is always to switch the current state of the theming app, where it doesn’t matter if it was enabled or disabled before.

Reverting pretty urls also brings an error related to icons, but with different browser console output.

Switching pretty urls also always crashes the new AppOrders icon order. You need to set it again in personal settings. Until that also wrong urls (index.php inside or not) appear on the icons thus they do not work/might throw permission errors (due to access to non existing path). So this is another topic :wink: .

See github about all of that.

Hi,

Sorry to pop-up this topic, but I think it could help.

I had the same problem with missing icons, specially the .svg ones.
I finally restore them with this commands:

sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on
sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ maintenance:repair
sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ maintenance:update:htaccess
sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ maintenance:theme:update
sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off
sudo systemctl restart php-fpm.service && sudo systemctl restart nginx.service

I hope it will be helpful.