hello @celestial welcome to the forum ![]()
I split your post from File upload by user does not have group write permission while upload/create into separate thread so people can discuss the root cause.
I understand your requirement but I don’t think this fits good into the application support forum for the reasons I explain below.
as you say Nextcloud is open source which allows you to use as you want (respecting OSS license). If you do something the software is not built for or you are unhappy with the limitations - feel free to improve. but don’t ask for support in this forum - where people like me spend their spare time to help users with valuable requests. If you want and you know how nothing prevents you from braking your instance - but again if you do so - don’t come back and complain about data loss, missing functionality and ask for support to recover your system.