I am having issues accessing Next Cloud Pi

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

I am having issues accessing Next Cloud Pi after installation. I get the error "{"message":"CORS requires basic auth"}" when I hit the button labeled "Next Cloud Pi". Could someone please help me fix this?

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): `replace me
Raspberry pi 2

The issue you are facing:
I am having issues accessing Next Cloud Pi after installation. I get the error “{“message”:“CORS requires basic auth”}” when I hit the button labeled “Next Cloud Pi”. Could someone please help me fix this?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Install Next Cloud on rpi
  2. Setup user name and password
  3. Shut the rpi off.
  4. Turn it back on
  5. Type the ip address of the website into the search bar
  6. Login
  7. Hit the Next Cloud Pi button

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

The initial login screen with the several buttons at the top, among them is the "Next Cloud Pi" button.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

Check Calling Rest APIs exposed by Nextcloud Apps After Integeration With an IDP through SAML - #2 by Reza_Rasouli
or provide the info requested, or share output of ncp-report. Not enough info to go on here.
Though possible, I would expect very low performance from rpi2. I’d look for better hardware if I could .

1 Like

I have the same problem on raspberrypi 4b. Absolute newbie at this. Not familiar with coding and don’t know where to begin fixing this problem

It’s a shame that no one has found a solution yet.

@inhousejay @serj72kp @elz
if some asks for additional info then it’s up to you guys to provide the missing info.
The community can’t help if there’s not enough info given.

It is like someone contacts a car service, telling them: “I have a blue car for dummies. I can’t start it because this one yellow light is flashing.”
The service team asks for more information and then a 2nd persons comes: I have a blue car as wellm, it has more hp. I can’t start it because there’s one yellow light flashing.
And more than half a year later a third person comes telling: I might have blue car as well and can’t get it started. It’s a shame that there’s no solution, yet.

I, on the other hand, think it’s a real shame that nobody wants to give out urgently needed additional information!
how would the community know about your server, your environment, your setup? It’s impossible.

And all of this makes this thread a stub. It’s gonna be closed 1 week after last answer. Which woulde give you guys enough time to add requested info.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.