How to log successful logins

Hello,
I’ve setup a nextcloud instance for a small group and we would like to log whenever someone does login.
Unfortunately I can’t find a way to get to this information. I’ve set logging level down to 0 in config.php
and can see all sorts of debugging events and also failed logins, but successful logins are not logged.
Am I looking in the wrong place? Any other way to track logins?

config.php:
‘logtimezone’ => ‘Europe/London’,
‘loglevel’ => ‘0’,
‘log_type’ => ‘owncloud’,

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Ubuntu 16.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache2.4.18
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.022

Thanks!

1 Like

Activate the Auditing / Logging app and you will also get the successful logins at level 1 (admin_audit).

1 Like

I did look at the apps and could not find Auditing or Logging app. After reading your response I had a look again and still could not find it. A search explicitly said nothing found ?!
But, using your suggestion I googled for Auditing /Logging app and found a command line to enable it:

sudo -u www-data /var/www/nextcloud/occ app:enable admin_audit

and now it’s in my list of apps and logging logins to the log file !!

Thanks!

I should have said that this is an official app shipped with the server. You can activate the app through the Apps page (disabled apps). Sorry for the missing info! :wink:

Hey! I have my Auditing / Logging App enabled, and my log level set to 1, but nothing is appearing in my log. Does this app still log successful attempts?

1 Like