How to get a previous install to work on a Samba File Server

If your initiator died then no recovery from backup would be needed as far as the iSCSI data. The target would still be there. You’d just mount it on your new initiator.

So a target’s data can be mounted to different initiators, just not at the same time. Can several initiators be attached to a target. Like a dartboard with several darts. Where each dart is an initiator.

edit: After that soaked in, I get it.

So, it turns out this was a relative simple resolution. It had to do with the fstab file mounting. The options column needs to be set to default in both the \\websrv\nextcloud server and the \\nas\cloud. I discovered this by reading Samba FILE AND DIRECTORY OWNERSHIP AND PERMISSIONS and INTRODUCTION TO FSTAB. In addition, I referenced the \\nas\cloud in fstab by //nas/cloud instead of via IP Address.

I want to thank KarlF12 for his patients and understanding in attempting to explain iSCSI. In the long run, I believe it’s probably intended for a more formal installation than mine. And, if I had the money to make a true RAID storage area network, it would definitely be the way to go. In any event I hope these post will help someone someday.

Adios!