How to enable SVG for php-imagick

Reinstalling worked for me as well. Anyhow I had to reboot the server afterwards.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same issue with NC21 docker image. I can install libmagickcore-6.q16-6-extra and it works but I must do the same each time I restart the container.
Is it possible to fix it ?
Thank you.

I have a custom Nextcloud Docker image I use that extends the base image and adds GhostScript for PDF previews, clamdscan for AV (I run a separate ClamAV image), libmagickcore-6.q16-6-extra for SVG support, and a few other tweaks. Source code available on my GitLab and builds are in Docker Hub at koehn/nextcloud.

Enjoy!

This helped for me too. Thanks

1 Like

This worked for me with this particular issue. Thanks.

1 Like

It worked for me though.

1 Like

On my side this installation fixed the problem

IMHO the point here is: why there is a warning about the php-imagick missing if it is an “unsupported feature” due to security concerns ?
I can see the effect of the decision in the missing package(s) in the docker image but the warning is confusing (and annoying :smiley: )…
I think the issue is tracked here and here

3 Likes

Worked for me too, thanks!

1 Like

I had the same issue and this resolved the problem.
Thanks!

1 Like

shouldn’t have to purge apps that are already installed in order to make this message go away.

imagemagick is already the newest version (8:6.9.7.4+dfsg-11+deb9u12).
php-imagick is already the newest version (3.4.4+php8.0+3.4.4-7+0~20210305.28+debian9~1.gbpdcb27b).

if there are security concerns regarding SVG then this message should not appear at all in the overview. no docker here just debian and apache2 along with php7.4…

Another thumbs up from me :slight_smile:
I have my green tick back at last.

Thanks! This helped me!

this solve my issue on ubuntu16.04, php7.4
sudo apt install libmagickcore-6.q16-2-extra

2 Likes

This worked for me. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

Thx, resolved the issue for me.

1 Like

+1
Thanks!

This worked for me as well, except I had to install libmagickcore-6.q16-3-extra as the package you listed wasn’t available for me.

1 Like

THANK YOU @energetictree !!! Your instruction solved my issue!

worked for me as well

1 Like