How can I initiate a new synchronisation?

Hello,
as I mentioned in another thread the syncronisation between my linux desktop client (version 3.6.0) and the server (version 24.0.5) does not work anymore. I get a TLS initialisation failed.
How can I initiate a new certificate change to achieve a syncronisation?

Sorry but why do you spread the information about your issue over four separate topics without even providing a link to the other threads? Do you really expect that people are searching through your posts in order to help you?

Pro tip: You can edit your posts or reply to them whenever you want to add new information to a specific issue, which also bumps your post to the top of the recent forum posts again.

EDIT:
Ok you did actually provide a link. Nonetheless we need more information about your setup in order to help…

O. k., you are right … sorry!
I posted several threads (Which version of openssl is necessary?, Where are the certificates of the Linux client saved?, Linux Client 3.5.1: TLS initialisation failed) for the same problem but with different questions because I do not think that it is useful to put all the different ideas in the same thread.

edit:
I am not familiar with encryption things and how to handle it. I use the mentioned desktop client on a debian linux system. Which information about my systems are necessary?

The post with the most useful information would probably be this one: :wink:

…although I do not know the answer to your question unfortunately, but the error message indicates that the OpenSSL version indeed seems to be causing the issue, but I’m not sure if this is a client or a server issue, respectively what minimum versions are needed in order for it to work…

Nevertheless, a few more questions come to mind:

• Are you using self-signed certificates on the server?
  • Does access via browser work?
  • What OS in which version do you use on your server?
  • What OS in which version do use on the client?
  • Have you updated the client to 3.6.0 in the meantime?
  • How did you install the client (Flatpak, Distro package, AppImage…)
  • How did you install the server? (Manuall install, Snap, Docker…)

I wrote a bug report of the openssl error (Incompatible versions of the client and openssl[Bug]: · Issue #4864 · nextcloud/desktop · GitHub) but I did’nt receive an answer.

No, after the installation of the client I had to confirm on the server.

yes

My provider use Linux, I do’nt know which version

Siduction Linux (Debian derivat) with kernel 5.19.12

yes

via the repository of the distribution

The nextcloud server I installed manually

Since Debian Siduction is based on Debian Unstable, I think we can pretty much rule out that the OpenSSL version on the client OS is too old… :wink: But maybe the opposite is the case and it’s too new. The version in Debian stable is 1.1.1n and even Arch is still shipping 1.1.1q in their core repos… So maybe there is some incompatibility with OpenSSL 3.0.5 and the current version of the Qt5 framework on which the Nextcloud Client is built, or maybe with the Nextcloud Client specifically… But these are just wild guesses…

From the OpenSSL website:

OpenSSL 3.0 is a major release and consequently any application that currently uses an older version of OpenSSL will at the very least need to be recompiled in order to work with the new version. It is the intention that the large majority of applications will work unchanged with OpenSSL 3.0 if those applications previously worked with OpenSSL 1.1.1. However this is not guaranteed and some changes may be required in some cases. Changes may also be required if applications need to take advantage of some of the new features available in OpenSSL 3.0 such as the availability of the FIPS module.

So long story short. I’m not sure…

Thanks for your help, obviously is the client not compatible with the new OpenSSL version. This confermed claucambra on git too.