Hosting providers recommendations

Your website is German. How is anybody that speaks English to utilise it?

I can recommend Servarica, I have been using their Storage VPS service for a few months now and it has worked well for me.
It’s possible install Nextcloud on it.
https://servarica.com/all-offers

A few years have passed. If someone needs a Nextcloud, but it only offers storage, maybe Cloud Storage - Shadow Drive is an option. There is 20 GB for free. The Nextcloud is very fast and also works very well with the Nextcloud mobile app from Android. Disadvantage, however, is that pubic shares can only be created for a maximum of 7 days. Thus, more suitable for storage and quick exchange of files. Here an example public share (press kit)

cloudamo.com - from free to business packages.

1 Like

I use cloudamo for my families files and it works great. Paid plan. Great response when logging a ticket. Flexible GB so when i need more, easy to add. Hosted on the USA! Been with them for around two years now.

1 Like

I use speedhub.eu they have good support and Ubuntu 22

We used them and never again, they lost all our data …

1 Like

:globe_with_meridians: Discover seamless, reliable Nextcloud hosting tailored to your needs.

:rocket: Key Features

99.99% Uptime: Always-on access to your data.
Redundant Storage: Multiple data copies for data protection.
Off-Site Backups: Automated backup service for enhanced data security.
1 Gbps Unmetered Bandwidth: Enjoy lightning-fast data transfers with no monthly data limits.
Coturn Integration: Seamless video conferencing and messaging.
Collabora Office Suite: Edit, view, and collaborate on documents in real-time.
Low-Cost Storage: Flexible and affordable storage plans to meet your growing needs.
Premium Email: Stop worrying if your transactional emails made it to the inbox.
Built-in CDN: Improve load times and performance with our integrated CDN.

:shield: Data Security & Privacy

Our hosting solutions feature advanced security measures, including end-to-end encryption, SSL/TLS support, and two-factor authentication, safeguarding your data from unauthorized access and cyber threats.

:seedling: Scalable Plans

Flexible hosting plans tailored to your business needs, with easy migration and setup.

:link: Get Started Today!

Visit our website today to learn more about our plans and pricing, and to sign up for your account. Join today and enjoy a 20% discount by using the code 20OFF.

So what do you want to tell us with that post? Do you have any experience to share?

1 Like

Regarding free options: I have always had a bit of an issue on any site that is free. I mean, in the end, the cloud is just someone’s server somewhere that you have no access to.

At least under the premise of paying for a service, the hope is that they are less inclined to go through your stuff. Since you still cannot protect your NC reliably via encryption.

Ultimately, the best would be in-house but that adds a bit of complexity that most people may find challenging.

Hetzner, and Linode seem like good options. Avoid Vultr, they nickle and dime you.

1 Like

Yep. Also, all the free Nextcloud plans I’ve seen are more like demo accounts, with ridiculously small amounts of storage, but more importantly, since Nextcloud isn’t really designed for multi-tenancy, and the free plans usually put multiple users on a single Nextcloud instance, I would definitely not use them for any kind of sensitive data.

There is also a free VPS option from Oracle, but it’s from Oracle, so no thanks :wink:

Hetzner is definitely a good option, I have never used Linode but they seem fine too. No clue about Vultr, never used them, never looked at their offerings.

The notion of putting my data on a ‘trust us, bro’ it is free with ‘no strings attached’ server is just silly. Only way would be if I could up and down encrypt the data, so they end up with just an encrypted, inaccessible block of code on their end.

But that would get tedious over as your data gets larger or if you managed a large user base, especially over time. Since at the very least, you would need better hardware than what you are likely to get on many of these hosting companies.

Plus, with these free/fremium plans there is the issue that they, via even no ill-intent might simply disappear/fail next week. People are not businesses, they do not run backups constantly and regularly enough to address that concern. Maybe on tiny setups with one user who barely uses their instance, then a weekly or monthly backup might suffice.

Hence the Demo approach, which is just to get people hooked on their services, once they are invested enough. Yeah, the notion of just being 1 user having a non-admin account on an instance ran by a complete stranger, with XYZ other users, on alien hardware, with likely 0 encryption, on a total different geography and timezone is a never ending parade of red flags.

I know of a few sites that provided free NC accounts for activist-types and the like but if we wanted to be pragmatic and I was a Fed, that is the exactly what I would do to setup a honeypot. LOL

Hopefully OP ended up picking something good, and since then.
Cheers.