Failed to get LoKitDocument instance

Glad you posted as Overlay was posted as a solution to Aufs on Debian and the install looked a bit complex for me.
So donā€™t think I will try that, so far device-mapper seems to be the easiest and most reliable if you are not on Ubuntu Xenial as I think Aufs + Docker works fine in 16.04+.

Its prob wise for NextCloud to pick a distro, but create a Wiki as if you read the the reasons why about Aufs and lack of kernal support its all a bit political, complex and different across distroā€™s, so problematic to provide documentation for all.
Ubuntu seems to be happy about Aufs and others are not, some seem to be forwarding Overlay so I guess its a bit confusing.
A wiki that splits into distroā€™s fed with info from the forum could help much.

Ok, so I investigated a bit more, and I managed to make it working with aufs.

Here is my docker info:

Containers: 7
 Running: 7
 Paused: 0
 Stopped: 0
Server Version: 1.12.2
Storage Driver: aufs
 Root Dir: /var/lib/docker/aufs
 Backing Filesystem: extfs
 Dirs: 39
 Dirperm1 Supported: true
Logging Driver: json-file
Cgroup Driver: cgroupfs
Plugins:
 Volume: local
 Network: host bridge overlay null
Swarm: inactive
Runtimes: runc
Default Runtime: runc
Security Options: seccomp
Kernel Version: 4.5.7-docker-4
Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
OSType: linux
Architecture: x86_64
CPUs: 4
Total Memory: 7.752 GiB
Name: scw-f3c6f1
ID: F2MB:YQQE:AZ3A:WZX3:NSAT:DDSC:KKXD:TWXG:RHWL:ECUR:XGC4:KESG
Docker Root Dir: /var/lib/docker
Debug Mode (client): false
Debug Mode (server): false
Registry: https://index.docker.io/v1/
Labels:
 provider=scaleway
Insecure Registries:
 127.0.0.0/8

So Iā€™ve found my workaround, but I lost 20hā€¦ This is just a workaround for me, I still would prefer to make it working with CoreOS (overlay). Also, Iā€™d like to avoid people getting into troubles with that. I think that the ā€œdocumentationā€ should be updated.
Iā€™m wondering where we can PR for that matter?

I just opened an issue at:

Please add your docker info there also to help target the issue.

Good idea, posted.

I changed the driver to overlay2 and then it worked.
My Cloud is running on a kvm debian 9 server.

I followed the instruction on the docker website.

#4 was the key part

Edit /etc/docker/daemon.json. If it does not yet exist, create it. Assuming that the file was empty, add the following contents.
{
ā€œstorage-driverā€: ā€œoverlay2ā€
}

https://docs.docker.com/engine/userguide/storagedriver/overlayfs-driver/#configure-docker-with-the-overlay-or-overlay2-storage-driver

@ bcooksley This is the best answer for now! Iā€™ve the same ā€œfailed to loadā€¦ā€-error.

For me worked this simple solution:

docker run --name lool -t -p 0.0.0.0:9980:9980 -e ā€œdomain=223\.254\.253\.108ā€ -e ā€œusername=adminā€ -e ā€œpassword=S3cRetā€ --cap-add MKNOD collabora/code
docker stop lool
docker start lool

thats it; thx