Extract tasks/calendar from local copy

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 27.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian 11
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): doesnt matter
PHP version (eg, 7.4): doesnt matter

The issue you are facing:

Hi. I have a local copy of a nextcloud instance + mariadb database. the tasks app is installed in the instance. I would like to export all my tasks from it. when the instance is running, this can be done via the calendar app. But the instance is not running. When I try to run it in a Linux VM, I get “internal error” in the browser and when I try to execute occ commands I see that some database contents [no idea what the technical term is] are corrupt.

Is there A a way to extract the .ics file that can otherwise be downloaded via the calendar without a running instance or B to regenerate all the database contents that are broken? [I am suggested to “recreate” the contents].

I hope for answers and would be very grateful if you could help me!

calcardbackup is able to extract tasks/calendar, if the data is accessibale through a database (a database dump is not sufficient).
See ‘Does this also work with a broken ownCloud/Nextcloud instance?’ in the README of the repo for how to export your tasks/calendar.

@Bernie_O Thanks, your tool looks great, unfortunately it doesn’t work for me because I can’t get my local database imported into mariadb without breaking the data.

so thanks for the tool, but the problem lies elsewhere. i know this is not the place for mariadb, but does anyone here have any idea how i can get a local copy of the nextcloud database [copied from /var/lib/mysql/nextclouddatabase, a folder with a db.opt and each table as .ibd and .frm file] imported back into a mariadb instance?

I understand now what you meant with “local copy of the database”.
Sorry, I can’t help in this case.