External Storage - Linked to your Photo's App

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Current versions of the programs: Freenas 11.3-2 and Nextcloud 19.0.0.1

I have a Pool which houses the nextcloud dataset and I have a jail that I run the Nextcloud in and the mount point to my data set is linked to my nextcloud jail.

when opening up my nextcloud I was able to link using the external storage app and I’m able to sync and download off of it with my phone and computers. This is great just about everything I need, however the only photos that I see in the photos app are the stock photos, I think this is because it is pulling form all the photos that are in the jail.

I have a lot of photos in my external storage device which is just a hard drive in my NAS. I want to know how to link the photos that are in my external storage with the photo app.

Thank you for reading,
I look forward to figuring this out for everyone
Dellyjoe

The photo app doesn’t seem to support external storage.
I ended up installing the old gallery app as per the information in this post.

Thank you for replaying Ferdinand,

I will look into how to install this, I hope I can install it over the gui

Given, I’m just learning freebsd

But thanks for replaying going to check that form out.

Is this statement still valid with the new photo 2.0 app?

This… is 2.0 the same sad story?

Les Pas support managing photos in external storage, though you need to create albums by yourself.

O come on. Iv spent days trying to get this NC to work with external storage, and now i find out that the photos app (the only thing i really needed) does not work?

Why?

I should have given up when i found that the photos/edit line colour, stroke & shadow dont work & the text annotation is almost impossible to use either. Photos editor is buggy. Is it not stable? - #5 by JackDinn

I was convinced by someone else to not worry about that, it was not too important, and move on.

I need to share my files with my family and friends with a nice user-friendly interface. Dont think this is it.

With external storage

Without it

It will be hard enough to get my nan etc to create an account and use this to access the 10K photos that i have been keeping backed up on my servers and NAS for them all. I would like to give them a way to access them.

How long does really obvious stuff like this just get left for, even when it must be known about for years?