Expired NC certificate

@ gas85

I was on NC 15.0.2, upgraded to 15.0.5 but still see this issue. When I run
$sudo certbot renew, i get:

Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing…
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError(‘An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.’,)
Attempting to renew cert (DNS.DNSNAME.COM) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/DNS.DNSNAME.COM.conf produced an unexpected error: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError(‘An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.’,). Skipping.

I check the version by running,
$apt list certbot and get:

Listing… Done
certbot/now 0.28.0-1+ubuntu18.04.1+certbot+4 all [installed,local]
python3-certbot/now 0.28.0-1+ubuntu18.04.1+certbot+4 all [installed,local]

I understand this is the correct version.

Is this the correct solution?

Thanks for your help!

Update;

I tried the steps in the linked URL but still get:

Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing…
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError(‘An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.’,)
Attempting to renew cert (DNS.DNSNAME.COM) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/DNS.DNSNAME.COM.conf produced an unexpected error: The manual plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: PluginError(‘An authentication script must be provided with --manual-auth-hook when using the manual plugin non-interactively.’,). Skipping.

Any guidance?

Thanks

First of all try to specify your HTTP server, like apache (--apache) or ngnix. Please refer to
https://certbot.eff.org/docs/using.html#getting-certificates-and-choosing-plugins

Also use key --dry-run to test your configuration, otherwise you could hit limits and be banned on server for a few hours.