Docker setup & cron

take a look at this post and thread. you just need to persist the file /var/www/html/cron.php and adopt according your needsā€¦ enjoy the official cron container!

1 Like

I guess is a matter of separation of responsibility and a security concern. Nextcloud (or any other) application shouldnā€™t run on its host with administrator privileges, even more thereā€™s a wide variety of hosts where you can have Nextcloud installed so it can be difficult to provide an implementation of such a feature for every available option.

I can understand as an end user it would be awesome to have this OOB, but for the dev tema there should be a balance between the ease of setup and effort to provide that. I assume thatā€™s why ajax is the option by default (which is said ā€œworks for a singleā€), if you need a more advanced configuration then youā€™ll have to do some tasks on your own specially to adapt it to your particular scenario.

Right now Iā€™m struggling with the cronjobs myself so if I happen to find more useful details on how to solve this, will come back with a comment. So far the most insightful reading is the one suggested by @wwe in the post by @norsemangrey.