In the past month, my users have had trouble connecting with the Windows desktop client regularly.
They get the message “No connection to server at [URL]. Time out”
The issue seems to be appearing sometimes for several hours, pretty much randomly to a dozen of users (out of ~60).
- When it occurs, they can still access the web client on chrome normally.
- Server load is below 50%
- Php.ini was configured to have a timeout of 300
- Bandwidth usage is fine
- User does not take any specific action for the error to come up, if might work for 2 hours, and suddenly, no be able to connect anymore.
- Users access nextcloud through internal network
I tried the following :
- reset dns cache
- restart vm
- restart apache
- disconnect from desktop client, and reconnect
- restart pc running the desktop client
- reallocate priority of network cards
- reinstall nextcloud
- The desktop client shows no log of the attempts.
- The admin panel has no relevant errors to the situation (only random encryption errors)
Frankly at this point, I don’t even know where to look from extra information on debuging this. I peered through the apache, php, proxy logs and didn’t find anything relevant.
I am pretty confused by the lack of trace of the error in the logs of the desktop client.
Thanks for the help !