Desktop client has less releases and is behind master

The client received a lot of attention the last months.

Hopefully this will will continue.

Support it by testing RCs.

Honestly, after reviewing the commits from the past month, there really hasn’t been a lot of work done on the client. It’s especially concerning to me that the new client version consistently crashes (on multiple machines), about once a day. Nobody seems to have even looked at that issue yet :frowning:

Having said all that, per your recommendation I just downloaded the daily build from Jan.15 and will be testing that out. I don’t see any RC available though.

Hello,

myself is using v2.5.1 on three machines (Mac, Lin and Win) and the clients work reliable. Had zero crashes and it feels good.

Well hopefully it’s working properly for most people, which is definitely a good thing. Maybe lack of activity for my issue is a sign that not many others are having the same problem. It’s unfortunate for those few of us that do have the problem though, and I’m still going to keep using 2.3.x for now.
I just tried the latest version again yesterday but it crashed within 30 minutes and locked up Windows entirely for me :frowning_face:

I’ll keep watching for updates and I have no problem being the first to test daily, beta, or RC versions!

I really do hope the developers take a look at my issue soon though, as there are at least a few others who have experienced crashes. I would think that’s a high priority.