Contacts do not show in web app for all users any more

This is a copy of the bug ticket already created (Contacts do not show in web app for all users any more · Issue #3253 · nextcloud/contacts · GitHub) hoping someone could help me and the NC team to fix it even faster.

Thanks

Describe the bug

I assume since the last version of contacts got installed, the contacts app is empty for all users. DAVx seems to synronize without errors, so I must assume that the contacts are still stored in the DB but the web app cannot read the information.

https://sub.exampel.com/apps/contacts/Alle%20Kontakte

Steps to reproduce

1. Go to Contacts
  2. Empty

Expected behavior

I should see my few hundred contacts and groups

Actual behavior

empty contact list, except the circles nothing shows up

Contact version

Operating system

NCP (Docker)

PHP engine version

PHP 8.1

Web server

Apache (supported)

Database

MariaDB

Additional info

This is what I see in the docker log when opening the contacts app, even though it makes no sense because everything else works.

2023-02-27 13:22:59 650 [Warning] Aborted connection 650 to db: 'nextcloud' user: 'ncadmin' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

2023-02-27 13:22:59 651 [Warning] Aborted connection 651 to db: 'nextcloud' user: 'ncadmin' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

There seems someone else having the same - unfixed - problem

Hi, after update I have same problem. Thank you for any help.

I am still investigating but this is the closest I got so far

The last 5 days I had not problem with the contacts app loading, any more. Seems that the initial error

2023-02-27 13:22:59 650 [Warning] Aborted connection 650 to db: 'nextcloud' user: 'ncadmin' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2023-02-27 13:22:59 651 [Warning] Aborted connection 651 to db: 'nextcloud' user: 'ncadmin' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

Gets solved by @szaimen idea of raising the max_allowed_packed value. I raised it to 256MB but I cannot say if it is too much or not enough.
I am still wondering what has changed from the previous contacts web app to the one raising the error in my setup. Perhaps this could be checked by nextcloud to have a proper max_allowed_packet value.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.