Connecting WEBRTC-App (ios) with spreed-webrtc-server (based on nextcloud config)

Hi fellow warriors against the commercial data collectors !!

first of all, i am new here on this platform, so if there is anything wrong with the post let it burn …

majorquestion: is it possible to connect the ios app (webrtc - struktur ag) with an spreed-webrtc-server (running at my own host) configerd and already connected to nextcloud (running also at my own host, but different lxc-machine) ?

so, spreed-webrtc-server is great ! nextcloud is great ! i think the ios-app webrtc is great ! but all together ? (this would be awesome)

or are there other possibilities at this time to connect nextcloud+webrtc+mobile apps to message/voice/video chats ?

greets from austria !

Hi @bassano,

is it possible to connect the ios app (webrtc - struktur ag) with an spreed-webrtc-server

Yes, the Spreed.ME iOS app can be used with a standalone-Spreed WebRTC server as well as a Spreed WebRTC server running with Nextcloud/ownCloud.

1. Install the Spreed.ME iOS app
  2. It will ask you if you want to use a Spreedbox or the Spreed.ME service. Select “Spreedbox” (we know… that’s now very intuitive)
  3. The app now asks you to enter the URL to your Nextcloud installation. Also provide username + password, as you (currently) need to be authenticated to use the service from the iOS app.

or are there other possibilities at this time to connect nextcloud+webrtc+mobile apps to message/voice/video chats ?

I don’t really understand that question. Do you want to connect from other service (e.g. Skype, WhatsApp) to Spreed WebRTC? Then no, we currently do not support 3rd party service.

oh dear …

weeks of teeth crushing to getting the “webrtc”-app vom strukturag running with nextcloud and spreed-webrtc-server … sensleless, it’s the wrong app ! with spreed.me-app theres no problem and it runs smoothly !

i believed to use the spreed.me-app i have to use spreed.me-service or the spreedbox …

thanks a lot !!

Hi,

This post helped me and, I now have a Nextcloud/Spreed-Webrtc server and iOs app talking together :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, creating/deleting chatrooms, i’ve deleted the default one, and can’t find how to get it back.

Can you help me please ?

How did you form the URL? I am using https://nextcloud.mydomain.com/apps/spreed/, but I don’t think that is correct. Surely it would need to be authenticated with my nextcloud user credentials.

Hi @eram
Sorry for the late reply.
I think the only way you have to get back the Default Room is reinstalling the app.

Hi @stevemac
The Spreed.ME iOS app can only be used with Spreed.ME Nextcloud app.
I think that you are trying to connect it with the Video calls app for Nextcloud and that’s not possible at this moment.