Configuring Multiple Domains with Separate Interfaces on a Nextcloud Server

Hello,

I currently manage and operate separate Nextcloud instances on two different servers, each with its own domain and unique interface.

I have a question that I’d like to discuss and gather insights on. Is it possible to configure a single Nextcloud server to be accessible through multiple domains, while ensuring that each domain retains its own distinct interface?

Here’s the scenario: I have two companies, each with its own Nextcloud server. As of now, I manage them separately, and they have distinct domain names and interfaces. However, I’m exploring the possibility of streamlining my operations by hosting both companies’ Nextcloud instances on a single server, if feasible.

The goal is to have a setup where users from Company A can access the Nextcloud services through something like “cloud.companyA.com” with their familiar interface, while users from Company B can access the same server through “cloud.companyB.com” with their respective interface. Essentially, each domain would provide a customized experience without any overlap or confusion.

I’ve researched a bit on reverse proxies and virtual hosts, but I’m not entirely sure if these methods can achieve the desired outcome. Ideally, I’d like to maintain the separation of the two companies’ data and interfaces, while efficiently utilizing server resources.

Has anyone here successfully implemented such a configuration? If so, could you please share your insights or guide me on how to achieve this? Are there any potential challenges or considerations I should be aware of?

Thank you all in advance for your time and expertise. I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts and recommendations on this matter.

Best regards,

Development is the wrong category for your question.

What you are looking for is multitenancy. You find a couple of discussions in the forum about it. For example: Support for Multi-tenancy

What you want is more automation, not multitenancy. Multitenancy adds a whole level of complexity to your setup. That’s the opposite of streamlining.

Moved to general. :champagne:

The way I have see this done is through virtual machines. Containers could also be an option. Is it really worth keeping two companies data on a single server would be my question. Anyways, good luck and I hope this is helpful.

1 Like

@hello2029

you might wanna take a look here