[Closed]Both the Android and the Linux client freeze when trying to grant access after login

Hey,
when I try to login into my account using either the Android client or the linux client(both up to date) they freeze when trying to “grant access”. At that point to login is already done. 2019-10-20-173308_3840x2160_scrot|690x388

I sadly could not find any logs which are related to this problem.

My config.php is copied below

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'htaccess.RewriteBase' => '/',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'apps_paths' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/apps',
      'url' => '/apps',
      'writable' => false,
    ),
    1 => 
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/custom_apps',
      'url' => '/custom_apps',
      'writable' => true,
    ),
  ),
  'instanceid' => 'REMOVED',
  'passwordsalt' => 'REMOVED',
  'secret' => 'REMOVED',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => 'REMOVED',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/data',
  'dbtype' => 'pgsql',
  'version' => '17.0.0.9',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'REMOVED',
  'dbname' => 'nextclouduser',
  'dbhost' => 'db:5432',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'oc_root',
  'dbpassword' => 'REMOVED',
  'installed' => true,
  'twofactor_enforced' => 'true',
  'twofactor_enforced_groups' => 
  array (
    0 => 'admin',
  ),
  'twofactor_enforced_excluded_groups' => 
  array (
  ),
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'tls',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_from_address' => 'REMOVED',
  'mail_domain' => 'REMOVED',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtphost' => 'REMOVED',
  'mail_smtpport' => 'REMOVED',
  'mail_smtpname' => 'REMOVED',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'REMOVED',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
);
1 Like

If you insert a line below and above your configuration which contains “```”, it is being displayed in a formatted way.

1 Like

I came here to post about the same problem (or at least similar). I wouldn’t have called it “freezing” in my case because the spinning wheel keeps spinning, but I can’t get past the “Grant access” button. For me, using the main Nextcloud app, the grant access eventually seems to fail and a link appears to sign in using an alternative method (which then seems to work, but isn’t ideal). But the “NextCloud Talk” android app doesn’t offer that when granting access fails. It just spins on the “Grant access” page forever.

As you described, the process to recreate is this: Install app, enter server address, tap “Log in”, enter credentials, tap “Grant access” and watch it spin
forever. (I’ve walked away several times for an hour or more only to find it still spinning when I returned.)

If this sounds like a different problem, let me know and I’ll start my own post. Don’t mean to hijack this one if we’re not facing the same problem.

About my setup: running on ubuntu 18.04. with apache 2.4, mariadb 10.4, php 7.3, behind an IIS reverse proxy.

Any ideas where to start?

2 Likes

Update: still not able to get it to sign in on the talk app. But, editing the config/config.php file to include:
‘overwriteprotocol’ => ‘https’,
has made the normal android app work.

(I had also previously added the ‘overwrite.cli.url’ and ‘overwritecondaddr’ and I removed those, but I’m pretty sure it was the overwriteprotocol that got the main app working).

Those changes also made the Nextcloud Talk app act differently. Instead of getting stuck on “Grant Access” with a spinning circle, pressing the “Grant Access” button now jumps immediately back to the start “Server address:____” screen.

In short, I suspect that might be a different problem, because the standard Nextcloud android app let me sign in fine when I click “Grant Access.” And only the Nextcloud Talk for android app is acting up by reverting me back to the beginning. @arminWel let me know if this fixes your trouble, and if so, I’ll start a new post with my separate issue regarding Nextcloud Talk.

edit: started a separate post regarding Nextcloud Talk sign in, but still interested in this topic, as the solution might have bearing on Nextcloud Talk as well.

For me deleting the ‘overwrite.cli.url’ did the trick, so I did in fact add the ‘overwriteprotocol’ beforehand. Thanks for your help, I will now mark this problem closed.

Based on the explanation of “overwrite.cli.url” on the website, I thought it was necessary, and perhaps it still is for some reason I have yet to realize, but for what I was trying to accomplish, “overwritehost” actually did what I wanted, namely to make it so that links that are generated would show the public url and not “localhost” or the LAN IP of the server.

I have yet to quite figure out if removing “overwrite.cli.url” has broken something else, but in the meantime, doing so has fixed granting access for the Android app.

I am having the same problem - the grant appears to succeed but it never stops spinning on Android. I will follow the advice above but is this a bug that needs addressing?

I just upgraded a Nextcloud installed with docker from version 17 to 20, and started having this problem. Adding ‘overwriteprotocol’ => ‘https’ to config.php fixed the problem on both Android and in the browser for the native linux client. I still have the ‘overwrite.cli.url’ that was already in config.php.

1 Like