Check App compatibility before upgrade

Hello is there any easy way to check which apps are not compatible with an upgrade?
I see the below list that says which ones are but is it possible to know which ones aren’t without manually comparing the list of active apps with the list below?
Thanks

I didn’t craft a solution tonight
 but maybe you can use my ideas so far

# on the server
# collect list of enabled apps
#docker exec --user www-data dev-nextcloud-app php occ app:list --output json|jq .enabled
occ app:list --output json|jq .enabled

# back on local windows client, convert json string from above to an object
$enabledapps = '{
>>   "activity": "2.18.0",
>>   "admin_audit": "1.16.0",
}'

# get only app names (ignore versions)
$appnames = $enabledapps|convertfrom-json|gm -MemberType NoteProperty |select name

# get app list from app store
# for NC 25
$storeapps = curl https://apps.nextcloud.com/api/v1/platform/25.0.0/apps.json -useb
# for NC 26
$storeapps = curl https://apps.nextcloud.com/api/v1/platform/26.0.0/apps.json -useb
$allapps = $storeapps.Content|ConvertFrom-Json|%{$_|select id,@{n='compatible_min';e={($_.releases[-1].platformVersionSpec -split '\s+')[0]}},@{n='compatible_max';e={($_.releases[-1].platformVersionSpec -split '\s+')[-1]}} }

# show apps form the list - but the list is incomplete!!
foreach ($app in $appnames.name){$app;$allapps|? id -eq $app}

reference: Scripting the process for tracking incompatible apps in major releases as a forum topic - #2 by wwe

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Though definitely will struggle with that! Cant even get the first command to work lol

root@:/var/www/nextcloud# occ app:list --output json|jq .enable
Command ‘jq’ not found, but can be installed with:
snap install jq # version 1.5+dfsg-1, or
apt install jq # version 1.6-2.1ubuntu3
See ‘snap info jq’ for additional versions.
Command ‘occ’ not found, but there are 21 similar ones.
root@
:/var/www/nextcloud#

NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THIS. I SEE AN OPTION NOW THAT SHOWS UNCOMPATIBLE APPS. ASSUMING THATS BECAUSE I UPDATED TO 25.0.5.

So sorted either way.