Change Version and Trash File path

Hallo,

i’ve installed Nextcloud in a Webserver with a 1TB SSD where i have different customer Accounts for Wordpress, WooCommerce Shop and also Nextcloud.

Also i have a 10TB HDD storage

In Nextcloud i have the 10TB HDD as external storage.
All Files are in this space.

Only The Trash and the Versions are in the SSD. I want top change the File path in this, so the version and Trash will Safe in HDD.
Ist there any setting in the config?

I hope I understood you right.

When you move the complete data directory to the HDD instead of adding as external storage, then the trash and versions will move there too. It is completely transparanet from a UE point of view.

There is a → How To here in the forum ←

Much luck,
ernolf

Sure?
I mean that the Version and Trash Always in the path where Nextcloud is installed and not where the File is Safe.

The trash is allways inside of the user directory:

data
        ├── user1
        │   ├── cache
        │   ├── files
        │   ├── files_external
        │   ├── files_trashbin
        │   ├── files_version
        │   └── uploads
        ├── user2
        │   ├── cache
        │   ├── files
        │   ├── files_external
        │   ├── files_trashbin
        │   ├── files_version
        │   └── uploads
        ├── user3
        │   ├── cache
        │   ├── files
        │   ├── files_external
        │   ├── files_trashbin
        │   ├── files_version
        │   └── uploads
        └── ...

and data can be mounted anywhere you want, including your HDD of course, while the server tree resides on the SSD.

Much luck,
ernolf

what must i do for this?
my hdd is a second server

Server with NextCloud

Server mit HDD

Why not simply mount that HDD in the box hosting Nextcloud?
You should mount the “data” tree on that HDD. How you want to integrate that if you prefere to use two servers, with sftp, samba, nfs or whatever is your decision. Read the how to I linked above!

You come out with your configuration details in bits and pieces and it turns out that you are obviously not particularly knowledgeable in the field. I thought since you talked about “costomer Accounts” and stuff that you knew your way around servers.

Despite the risk, that I come over rude:
I would simply suggest, if you are doing this commercially, that you first employ a server administrator who is familiar with this sort of thing and can react fast, if something goes wrong.

viel Glück,
ernolf

Thanks.
mount was my first idea.
but this is blocked by Hetzner

then I would suggest to contact Hetzner and search a solution together with them or purchase another product

Much luck,
ernolf