Beware to fall into the trap of outdated docs and false advice

Look, people here already explained several times and the reading of the page is quite fair.
:roll_eyes:

Some Info on the technical background :warning:

One could presume that a first-click immediate scan would bring some confusion to persons reading the report due to the according scanning time and would bring an unreasonable and quite unnecessary work load to the server doing all the extra scans always. Furthermore, the current way of implementation provides anybody a quick result of the extistance of a former scan and usually it would be only the owner of such cloud instance or some user with a certain interest who would actively trigger a rescan, I presume.
I hope one could follow and understand this technical details.
:lab_coat:

However, for the benefit of this user forum I will seek to explain explicitly:
:nerd_face:

https://cloud.example.com

Running Nextcloud 15.0.4.1 ← Info on NC server version at the time of the last scan

• Latest patch level ← Info on the patch level at the time of the last scan

• Major version still supported ← Info on the version at the time of the last scan

• Scanned at 2018-10-13 02:05:14 ← Info on the date & the time of the last scan .

:arrows_counterclockwise: – trigger rescan ← GUI button to trigger rescan .

IMHO one cannot want much more and the explanations are quite obvious and fairly reasonable.

I may reiterate:

1. You get a brief report of the results at time of the last scan
  2. By using the trigger rescan GUI button one gets a new report with current results in due time.

IMHO very clear and quite informative and last not least a free service.
:innocent:

Happy hacking.
:sunflower:

:warning:

Similar with false advice ref the Cache in Nextcloud server config:

" Unfortunately the Internet is full of that double backslash comments. "

@petervagyok – IMHO an excellent advice. THX !!
:+1:

NOTE to ALL:

Please think first, act second only and always have the protection of your data in mind.
:innocent:

This is the home user forum and although you may ask freely and virtually anything, it may depend what you get answered for free. Any enterprise should ref. to Nextcloud GmbH as there shall be professional support available:

1. Customers and Partners (mainly) closed portal β€” https://portal.nextcloud.com/
  2. An Enterprise Subscription from Nextcloud is available with email and phone support.

NOTE: Please be aware I am not affiliated with Nextcloud GmbH and my views are the free views as both a volunteer and a EU citizen and appear in a private capacity solely.

Happy hacking.

I am with you on that, but this starts with a simple Google search (something a lot of people will do probably to find information) and here I get several results that are outdated:

It seems like some SEO is needed for that. :grinning:

1 Like

@alfred – Good point.
:+1:

@system – Please note and consider some improvements in your own interest as Nextcould GmbH, I presume.

Happy hackin.

FYI