Beta of Nextcloud 10 with Two-Factor Authentication, Improved Federation and more

Hi, i installed the nextcloud 10 beta. seem to work fine, BUT:
In the Admin Preferences --> Theming i can change the name, web address and slogan. But even if NC tells me “saved”, the modifications do not appear on the nlogin screen.

@Benjamin_Wagner
I had the same problem too with NC10 beta - and cannot find a working fix, i think it is a open bug - if you would like to use NC10 beta, best is to use a own theme

Please don’t hijack this topic. If an existing feature breaks with a beta version, you can also report this directly to the bugtracker: Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub

How is 2fa working with mobile phone app?

You have to create access tokens in your personal settings page.

Yes, it works. The tokens basically are “one-app” passwords and I had no issue at all using them with the nextcloud iOS app.

So did 2FA not make it out of beta? I have installed the stable version of Nextcloud 10 and can’t find two-factor anywhere. Am I looking in the wrong places?

you can get the apps from apps.owncloud.org. I think the 2FA itself is still beta (or at least marked like this when you installed it).

But if it’s an app from ownCloud, that’s not “part of” nextcloud is it? I thought the idea was to integrate 2FA into nextcloud.

Nextcloud still uses the app-store of owncloud but is working on it’s own. 2FA is a feature of Nextcloud and ownCloud (not sure but I think the development started before Nextcloud was forked). So it’s a feature of Nextcloud but not a unique feature.