Batch adding users (e.g. from list file)

“doesn’t exist” means that the file couldn’t be found or it cannot be accessed due to missing access rights. Please describe in detail under which os and user you’re running the script, show the file access rights of the cvs file and which command you are executing.

Could someone help me out with the script? I’m trying to use it and getting the following error. Not sure what it might be:

Copyright © 2019-2020 Torsten Markmann (t-markmann), edudocs.org & uplinked.net
Contributors: Johannes Schirge (Shen), Nicolas Stuhlfauth (nicostuhlfauth)
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
For details look into LICENSE file (GNU GPLv3).

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “nc-userimporter.py”, line 84, in
File “”, line 1, in
NameError: name ‘false’ is not defined
[10808] Failed to execute script nc-userimporter

I am running on Windows 10 using the supplied windows exe. I’ve double checked the config file and csv, everything seems to be in order.

Did you change <sslverify>True</sslverify> to <sslverify>false</sslverify> ?
<sslverify>False</sslverify> should work.

Hi, I have the same problem.
I use the executable on macOS 10.14.6.
I changed the permissions and tried with a minimal csv file (with 2 users) to test.

What can I do? Please help me, I have 200 users to import

“doesn’t exist” means that the file couldn’t be found or it cannot be accessed due to missing access rights. Please describe IN DETAIL under which user you’re running the script, show the file access rights of the cvs file and which command you are executing.

1 Like

Ok, thank you very much for this reminder (which you had already given, excuse me).
I tried it again differently and it works now.

My mistake was that I was launching the nc-userimport executable with a double-click as indicated by the readme on Github. By running it with the command ./nc-userimport it works perfectly.

I’m a novice with the terminal but I’m constantly learning :slight_smile:
Your comment put me on the right track!

1 Like

it wont work either

Max retries exceeded with url: /ocs/v1.php/cloud/groups?search=Lehrkraefte (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate (_ssl.c:1056)’)))

any ideas ?

many thanks

Did you change <sslverify>True</sslverify> to <sslverify>False</sslverify> ?

Hi Dexter2k,

I am trying to use your script to create multiple users. I am getting below error. Can you please advise?

I did verified the config file for the password for main account.

Username: test1@pwcfts.com | Display name: Test one | Password: *****************| Email: | Groups: Atest | Group admin for: admin | Quota: 1 GB
HTTP Status: 401
Your config.xml is wrong or your cloud is not reachable.
Press [ANY KEY] to confirm and end the process.

Thank You,
Chirag Patel

Hi Dexter,

I was able to figure out. Thank you for the script. Excellent work.

What was the Solution?

I have the same Problem.

LG