Appstore down? Unable to access apps.nextcloud.com

@Jon1 don’t know.

@Jon1 the is the link to the support issue it was created 8 hours ago:

I just updated my instance a day or two ago. Apps store was working then.

Nightly maintenance?

Either way… Perhaps nextcloud needs a torrent plugin to handle apps. Would at least take load off the main store.

I hope this is resolved soon so I can get it up and running. I’d happily host a repo of the app store.

Least I know it wasn’t my CentOS install or the direct VMWare image.

1 Like

its not down for a week. Yesterday ist was working fine.

Vorformatierter Text Am absolutely new (just started today) to Nextcloud, and already this, is this the right platform, just wondering.

Even large commercial cloud services like Google Workspaces have expirienced outages. So I would not make my decision dependent on this single event. Besides of that if your Nextcloud were allready up and running, this wouldn’t afect you at all. You still have access to your files and everything. If Google or some other provider has an outage, you can’t even access your files anymore.

1 Like

i installed nextcloud today can me show someone in a pic how to look the apps part in de config.php ???

I agree, they all have outages.

This is not entirely true. I am a big time cloud user with a lot happening on Google Drive and OneDrive as well. I have been meaning to shift from these cloud providers to my self-host instance and hence the shift to NextCloud.

However, in order for the whole setup to make any sense to me, I need to migrate all of the data here; which as I understand can be done using the migration tool; unfortunately since the app store is not available, I can’t practically do anything (unless of course there is a way which I don’t know about).

I respect your sentiment that this is potentially an excellent platform but if you see it from my perspective, the very first day I find out that app store is unavailable since a while now and the help section is filled with people saying its not available; This is not painting a very bright picture for me.

If you are in a hurry, you also find most apps in the Nextcloud Github organisation. Otherwise I’m sure the Nextcloud team is already looking at this.

Thanks @sualko for the insight, would you by any chance point me to some sort of documentation which details out the steps to install an app from github repo directly? I would greatly appreciate it

1. search for the app you like to install
  2. go to releases
  3. download the latest release (not the source code archive)
  4. extract it to your apps folder (e.g. nextcloud/apps/)
  5. enable the app in your Nextcloud
1 Like

I respect your sentiment that this is potentially an excellent platform but if you see it from my perspective, the very first day I find out that app store is unavailable since a while now and the help section is filled with people saying its not available; This is not painting a very bright picture for me.

I agree that this is very unfortunate and shouldn’t happen. And on some things like upgrading your instance or installing apps it is dependet to the infrastructure of the Nextcloud GmbH to some extent. But it is also very unfortunate if you have an online meeting with a customer, and you don’t have access to your Google Workspaces as it happend in December. That cannot happen with nextcloud, at least if you host it on premise. Sure there can still be HW-failures, internet outages etc… I’m just triying to put this into the right perspective.

1 Like

Good that I checked that before upgrading one of my instances. I hope that is resolved soon.

1 Like

Still seems down. It was working for a very very brief time. Like 12 hours ago.

It’s up and running again! :wink:

2 Likes

I can confirm it’s back up. Thanks NC Devs!

4 Likes

Down again here. Was working earlier this morning… More updates?

Still not working

2 Likes

As of 0630 UK time it’s still down

Hi all,
Is it safe to perform a Nextcloud upgrade (i.e. 20.0.5 to 20.0.6) while the appstore is down ?