App.php is deprecated

Hello,

I recently updated to Nextcloud 20 and found an error in the log for several installed applications:
{“reqId”:“2gzVPhOnlozA3SoyVV3u”,“level”:0,“time”:“September 25, 2020 18:47:48”,“remoteAddr”:“xx.xxx.xxx.xxx”,“user”:“xxx”,“app”:“notes”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/ocs/v2.php/apps/user_status/api/v1/user_status",“message”:"/appinfo/app.php is deprecated, use \OCP\AppFramework\Bootstrap\IBootstrap on the application class instead.",“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.121 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“20.0.0.8”}

Do you have any idea how I could solve it?

Thank you,
Ciprian

Change the log level to warning (2) in config.php.

Hi,

I already changed the log level but I wold like to resolve it.

Thx,
Ciprian

Cool :+1: Migrate app.php to IBootstrap and send a pull request to nextcloud/server. On log level debug it’s expected to see deprecation warnings.

1 Like

This is a warning directed at the developer of the notes app. Unless you are willing to participate in the development, there is nothing you can do about it. But this is also merely a warning, it does not affect your Nextcloud instance in any way.

And as kesselb said, you should not have log level at 0, because you are getting a lot of information that does not concern you as an administrator.

1 Like

Does this mean we should upgrade nextcloud to 20.0.2.2 ? should fix the problem ?

Message still exists in 2.0.7

1 Like

in
nano /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php
add line
‘logfile’ => ‘/var/log/nextcloud.log’,
‘loglevel’ => 1,

ctrl+X
Y
end

2 Likes

Thank you. Seems to be working. I had my log level to 0.
BTW
there is an open request on github about this issue:
Log message: “/appinfo/app.php is deprecated”

Still not resolved. The loglevel=0 setting is not usable (unusable) to read because of all these warnings.

2 Likes