Allow file decryption with only the files/keys and passwords

Is there any way to switch off the signature check when using decrypt:all by now? Missing such a feature I would highly advise not to use encryption at all. Simply renaming a folder lost me 10.000 photos of the last year and I now have to do a recovery.

I did find a way to turn off the signature check by adding return true; to the checkSignature() in apps/encryption/lib/Crypto/Crypt.php. I added it in the if clause right before the exception is thrown. But switching it off isn’t enough.

The reason for is that the server reports a different filesize to the client and breaks off the download too early. The client therefore thinks that the connection was lost and reports an error. But the files is already downloaded successfully (f.e. in Chrome you just have to remove .crdownload at the end of the downloaded file). I have written a small Python 3 script that can download the files via WebDav. It is a dirty hack, but at least I can recover my files.

You can find the script including an explanation in my gitea repository:
https://gitea.hibiki.eu/suntorytimed/nc-downloader

(Sorry for repeating this post so often, but there are many forum entries and issues that people looking for a solution might find via Google :slight_smile:)
After checking the downloads I discovered that while the JPEGs open without any problem my RAW files didn’t. Looking closer at the JPEGs I could see that in the last pixel line there were some blocks missing. So the download wasn’t finished. Following up on the error message that gets displayed in Nextcloud in the hasSignature() call of splitMetaData() I discovered that the encrypted data field was empty and therefore there can’t be a signature in the file. To bypass this I have added following if clause into the function symmetricDecryptFileContent() in apps/encryption/lib/Crypto/Crypt.php:

if ($keyFileContents == '') {
                    return '';
            }

I have put this code as the first command in the symmetricDecryptFileContent(). Together with disabling the signature check (putting return true; in the checkSignature() function in the same file):

private function checkSignature($data, $passPhrase, $expectedSignature) {
            $signature = $this->createSignature($data, $passPhrase);
            if (!hash_equals($expectedSignature, $signature)) {
                    return true;
                    throw new GenericEncryptionException('Bad Signature', $this->l->t('Bad Signature'));
            }
    }

I can now see the previews in the web interface and download all files decrypted and even download the folders as zip-files. My script is not necessary anymore :slight_smile: